Range extender weirdness after firmware update

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
I updated my EP8 recently to whatever the new firmware version was in the E-Tube app (4.2?).

Ive done a couple of rides in the last few weeks using the range extender. Previously, the battery would start at 100% and drop in 10% blocks until zero where it would switch over to the main battery and start again at 100%.

The last couple of rides with the extender, the percentage shown on both the Shimano display and my Garmin drops to 70% and then stays there. It never shows as being lower than 70%, even when the extender is depleted.

Switching the bike off/con marks no difference. The percentage never goes lower than 70.

I know the extender was empty because the first light just flashes when the battery is dead. It did that today but still showed 70%. By this point, u was 20vmiles and 2.5k feet into a ride so the extender was definitely dead!

After another mile or so, the display showed 100% again which just have been where it switched over to the main battery. The main battery runs down as usual, it's just the extender.

It's as though the bike doesn't read the extender properly any more.

Has anyone else had a d weirdness like that?. Or anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles