Levo SL Gen 1 Range Extender Cable Won't Lock Into Charge Port

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
Most likely operator error, but for the life of me I can't get the range extender cable to lock into the charge port. Tried lots of different ways when turning the locking mechanism but nothing seems to work. I see the two notches in the charge port and the two tabs on the plug but even though they are lined up turning the lever doesn't lock the cable. Edumacate me.

ThierryGTLTS

Feb 17, 2020
Belgium
See page 26 and 27 of your Levo SL paper manual or page 27 and 28 of the pdf version.
It's clearly described (images 12.4 to 12.6), but not so evident without seeing the procedure.
Thierry

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Most likely you haven't got plug pushed all the way in. Had to tap mine home with a plastic faced mallet first time and the lock was still hard to move, once it had been done the once it gets easier each time, seems like really tight tollerances.

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Guys - this is because your bottle cage is too high! Same thing on mine - they came with the cage set too high. Just slide the cage down and your cable will reach.
Do not bang on the connector with a mallet! I know of one shop that Dremeled the connector to try to make the hole wider. It didn’t work!

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Bottle cage doesn't make a blind bit of difference, the connector is a REALLY tight fit, it'll take A LOT OF FORCE to get it in the first time then then it gets easier.

Pennine

May 2, 2020
Yorkshire
I found by laying the bike on its side and pushing the connector in from above, rather than the side, I can get the lever to lock fairly easily. Might be worth a try.

ThierryGTLTS

Feb 17, 2020
Belgium
Yes the tolerances are too tight, and some are really too difficult to push in, same problem with the charger connector.
So I've removed one o-ring on my charger connector, and now it's better.

Thierry

Wak

Nov 22, 2019
Derbys
The extender cable won't go in because the aluminium ring hasn't been reamed out deep enough take it off and file the step out or take back to lbs ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles