Range Extender and New FW on the way

ehfour

Feb 28, 2024
Vancouver
taken from the recent PB review of YT decoy sn

Ride Modes / Motor Performance

I’m not a fan of the names for the ride modes, so I’ll refer to Breeze as Low, River as Medium, and Rocket as High mode. I suppose I can live with the name of the Boost function, which delivers a maximum of 450 watts for 12 seconds (or until you stop pedaling).

The system shuts down fairly quickly when taking a break. While it's not a huge issue, it does become tedious to go through the startup procedure more than once during a ride. The startup process takes a few seconds, but after a five-minute break, it takes longer, and the bike starts in 'No Support' mode. For breaks shorter than five minutes, it starts back up in its lowest riding mode. An upcoming software update will make it start in the lowest riding mode all the time.

The Fazua Ride 60 is one of the less power-hungry systems on the market, making its range with a relatively small 430Wh battery quite impressive. A 90kg rider should be able to cover around 1,200 meters of elevation in its highest ride mode. With a balanced mix of the different ride modes, it’s possible to reach over 1,500 meters of elevation.

Once Fazua's range extender battery is released – now delayed until 2025 – you'll be able to enjoy even longer days in the saddle. The Decoy SN is already prepped to work with the range extender.
While YT saves weight with the non-removable battery, it’s something to consider if you can't charge the bike where it's stored, or during road trips where the charging situation is unknown. Obviously, swapping out a battery during a ride loop isn’t an option either.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles