Other Rail or Fuel Ex-e

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
Already have a rail, it’s at 4 years old and considering changing the bike as have seen some discounts….

I still have a good base fitness as road ride and ride my other mtb, the rail gets used on those big days from home to the trails and days I don’t ride with others.

I never use turbo, have used all the battery some rides but those are big 60-80 milers canals to trails then canals back.

Would a fuel ex-e be a better bike for me? Or stick to what I know and get another rail, have a great local dealer that’s trek so that means it has to be a trek replacement.

So if you had a rail would you go ex-e or if you have an ex-e have you regretted not getting a rail?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
If you have range anxiety …get the 750wh. Proper tires for your type of riding would be beneficial (better rolling faster).

I have both a Rail and Fuel EXE. The Rail is exclusively an Enduro. It’s a beast, climbing machine, all round great bike.

The Fuel EXE is for fast DH. However, I have/use two sets of wheels (enduro DH and pavement/light trails. I don’t typically ride over 60km with this bike on the flats, but I could.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
If your doing any sort of hill riding and more 20 miles then get a newer Rail. The Ex-E is great for shorter rides and less climbing. Unless of course your super fit and can pedal it uphill with no assistance?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles