Quick straw poll

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Morning just wondered how many people have actually got orders confirmed for new e bike, what bikes have you picked and what has your LBS or supplier told you are the current lead times.
Especially interested to know about orders on bikes with the new bosch smart system.
Thanks in advance.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Morning just wondered how many people have actually got orders confirmed for new e bike, what bikes have you picked and what has your LBS or supplier told you are the current lead times.
Especially interested to know about orders on bikes with the new bosch smart system.
Thanks in advance.
2022 Trek Rail 9.8 XT
Bosch Smart
Was told 16th Dec originally, now looking like early Jan.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Yeti 160E T1 on order since September, looking like early 2022 now but who knows, as long as I get it before Easter will be happy and have saved up a bit more :)
EP8 motor coming from a Brose I am unsure about this but had 100's of warnings about the Brose and that have been 100% fine.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
2022 Trek Rail 9.8 XT
Bosch Smart
Was told 16th Dec originally, now looking like early Jan.
Hi Rob ive ordered a cube 160sl any insider information you have on deliveries would be aprreciated i have not been told a thing and i ordered mine as soon as the bike was advertised

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Yeti 160E T1 on order since September, looking like early 2022 now but who knows, as long as I get it before Easter will be happy and have saved up a bit more :)
EP8 motor coming from a Brose I am unsure about this but had 100's of warnings about the Brose and that have been 100% fine.
The yeti also looks like an awesome bike my last bike had the shimano e8000 motor and with 2500 miles was 100% reliable👍👍couldnt fault the shimano set up

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I've not seen a single Bosch Smart bike out there in retail yet, so I'm assuming this may be holding up the bikes. Probably the batteries delayed due to semi conductor shortages.

Trek have already shipped the 2022 Rails without Bosch Smart to some stores and customers already have taken delivery.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Mondraker crafty RR new Bosch system. Lbs says mid to late Jan at this stage. Hope they are right.
Good choice, I had a hard time deciding between the Crafty or the Rail 🤟

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Mate in line for a Trek Rail 5. He put his deposit down October, was told December delivery. That's blown out to May 2022.

I was quoted October 2022 for a Merida e160 500 (700s and up more common).

And Giant weren't getting anything until May 2022.

These are all XL stock in Australia.

Last edited:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I've not seen a single Bosch Smart bike out there in retail yet, so I'm assuming this may be holding up the bikes. Probably the batteries delayed due to semi conductor shortages.

My pal has had his mondraker crafty a couple of weeks.
Think he was super lucky tho, not seen any others out and about.

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
I'd be getting a different brand.. That is a ridiculous waiting period... You must be very patient.. I bet your getting a bit toey now.
I rode a demo bike for a few hours and it handles and jumps really well. I have had another bike which has saved much of the frustration.

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
Thanks in advance.
Ordered an Orbea Rise M20 last week. LBS estimates May delivery. I've lived this long (73 years) I can wait a few months or more. Still have the Levo.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Ordered an Orbea Rise M20 last week. LBS estimates May delivery. I've lived this long (73 years) I can wait a few months or more. Still have the Levo.
Sold mine in september as lbs said the new bike was due in november so currently have no ride😫😫

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles