Quick Pol: Whyte E150rs vs Trek Rail 9 GX ? …..

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
These two 29’ers are what I would choose from but which is the better bike ….? Anyone ridden both ?….. (2022 Zeb models)

C7DBC337-9935-4229-9D24-FECD2ED235DD.jpeg

05CF09B8-6E56-4389-B3BA-0CE7B4AC037A.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The Rail is the better looking bike in my opinion and is the one I'd buy if looking at a 29er.

Peter1979

Jun 7, 2021
South West uk
I ride a Whyte e180 and it rides very well. Very low centre of gravity with the motor and battery being so near the BB. My Whyte really holds a line well and is quite manoeuvrable considering its weight. Jumps well for a big bike and the motor is very quiet and smooth. I've had a fault with my Zeb forks tho, unfortunately. The display (purion) is very basic but I'm happy with it.
Battery removal on them is supposed to be difficult but this doesn't bother me as I store it and change it in the house.
I haven't rode the trek but they are very popular so I expect someone will have experience of one on here.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Where can you charge it? Love my Whyte but not practical to remove battery to charge it. Doesn’t matter to me as I have power in garage.
Also do you do a lot of multi day trips away. Trek battery would be easier to keep charged if you do.
Never ridden the Trek but only heard good things, don’t think you’d go wrong with either.

Penttithefinn

Feb 3, 2021
Suffolk
Personally I would say you would like both bikes, and as an E150 owner I would say it depends if you want a bike that looks like a Tonka Toy or a Stealth fighter.....................:cool:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A POL so quick it couldn't even hang about for the next "L" nevermind have options to choose from.
Sweet!
Probably buy a Levo mate

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Personally I would say you would like both bikes, and as an E150 owner I would say it depends if you want a bike that looks like a Tonka Toy or a Stealth fighter.....................:cool:
Yep that's a pretty fair comment. If I was updating in future from my rail I'd def go for something a bit more sleek looking. In saying that the Whyte does look quite 'busy' in the middle. Throw a dart at either of them I say & see which one it lands on.

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Hello, I've got a rail 9.8 it's a great bike and I've had no problems at all with it, and i think it handles well, also easier with the battery charging and if you have 2 batteries and do big rides the trek wins, but if the whyte was available when i got my trek i probably would of gone for the whyte, and managed the battery usage, they look great imo, the suspension reviews all say it's great, and its aluminium and will probably hold up better than carbon in the long run. It's a bosch motor too so it's a win win whichever you go for. A nice choice to have. Good luck.

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Deffo Whyte, built for british weather, I have a 160rs as I prefer Fox and 27.5, I know everyone says it’s a pain to remove the battery but it takes me less than ten minutes to swap batteries when out on a long ride, which I don’t think is an issue at all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles