Powerfly Question about fork upgrade on a Powerfly 4 fs gen 2

Zuninet

Oct 10, 2024
Canada
I recently picked up a used 2022 Powerfly 4 fs gen 2, mainly for cross country trail rides and other light trail rides (I'm not at the send it off rocks kinda age anymore). Ended up getting it at a great price, and only 300km on it. I'm heading down to Utah in the spring and am getting the bike ready for that trip, one of the nagging things that I think needs to be done is the fork. It seems no matter how much air I put in the Suntour xcd 34 shock, it feels harsh and doesn't seem to soak up the bumps. From what I gather, I'm limited to 120mm of travel (from Treks specs). So, I'm curious what shocks others have swapped in, exact model would be great as this would be my first fork swap (I am mechanically inclined).

The two forks I can see that would be a direct fit are the rockshox 35 rl (35 Gold RL - FS-35G-RL-A2 - RockShox)

and Marzocchi Bomber Z2: Mountain Bike Suspension Fork for Trail Riding

Thanks!

Current fork specs

SR Suntour XCR 34, air spring, LO R damper, hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm bolt-on thru axle, 120 mm travel

Max compatible fork travel120mm (XS & S: 520mm axle-to-crown, M & up: 545mm axle-to-crown)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles