Question about e-biking around scotland (edinburgh most likely)

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
Hi!

I've found out I can get a train ticket to Edinburgh at 6am, and come back at around 2pm the next day, for about £30! (I've not used public transport in years and last time I checked that was about £100)

so naturally this gets me wanting to go and ride around some trails or hills or mountains or whatever takes my fancy in the area! most likely next week or the week after

but problem is, I'll be alone and on my e-bike. I do have around 70 miles of battery range (40 to 50 if there are a large amount of climbs, which I'm sure there will be!)

Are there local places that'd be happy for me to charge while I'm say, sitting down with a drink or having some food? obviously any place could say yes or no if I ask, but just wondering if anyone on here specifically goes to x spot and they always say yes

I'll be renting an Airbnb for the day/night, so I can always pop back there whenever I need a charge, but would be nice to know if I can top up for 30 mins somewhere :)

alternatively, is anywhere else going to be more fun for me to bike around? I only know that edinburgh is the cheapest place for me to get to, but I don't mind any other cities if they have some nice local(ish) riding spots!

thanks guys :)

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Not sure if places will be open that quick most places are just doing take away or al fresco eating to start with we are 2/3 behind the rest of the country. Pentlands has some nice stuff fairly remote so getting getting a charge could prove difficult

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
Not sure if places will be open that quick most places are just doing take away or al fresco eating to start with we are 2/3 behind the rest of the country. Pentlands has some nice stuff fairly remote so getting getting a charge could prove difficult
that's unfortunate, some places are opening up again here in a few days albeit with some distance rules

and buffets are no longer buffets, now the staff put what you ask for on your plate, but small prices to pay to be able to go again!

who knows, maybe ill just delay my trip a few weeks and give myself more time to get accustomed to the bike first.

but either way, worst case scenario i find the cheapest local airbnb i can and just return there to charge every few hours while having a break :)

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
that's unfortunate, some places are opening up again here in a few days albeit with some distance rules

and buffets are no longer buffets, now the staff put what you ask for on your plate, but small prices to pay to be able to go again!

who knows, maybe ill just delay my trip a few weeks and give myself more time to get accustomed to the bike first.

but either way, worst case scenario i find the cheapest local airbnb i can and just return there to charge every few hours while having a break :)
I would delay as it will take a few weeks for supply chains to re-establish and the hospitality industry is very much feeling it's way in the dark at the moment it seams

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles