• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Q about modifying Bafang M600 for higher top speed

KrisKristofer

May 13, 2023
Iceland
Good morning guys. I'm new to the forums and already see a lot of content I'm excited to dive into.

I have a question for the group.
I recently bought a 2023 EMotorad Athena. It comes with a Bafang M600 motor and was surprised that it is limited to a max speed of 25 km/H.
Another model I had tested was not limited so I was a bit disappointed.
So my question is if there is a way for me to increase the max speed in any way? I see other riders in my area blitzing by on their bikes (Cube, Trek, Specialized etc) and I am quite envious.

I hope someone here can help me out, point out what I need for the job and some instructions.

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot_20230513-090850_Facebook.jpg

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
KK blackbox from @Dado is no brainer. I am using it and no better choice.

You may also buy the BESST interface, i have this one too, but if you want something for easy and 'daily' - pick the above blackbox.

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
And now new one, guys.

K1 Flash

1. Can set all the parameters: Speed limit unlock , power level settings, circumference, acceleration, rpm and also calibration can be run.

Simple to use: just edit file on SD card with your desire parameters, insert SD card, connevt CAN connector, wait 5 seconds and done!

- Speed limit, Circumference and Wheel is supported by all Bafang CAN bus motors. Even hub motors with bafang controller.

-Power adjustments are supported by: M510, M630 and M560

2. Firmware update.
AutoFlash - device will chose best
firmware from SD directory /AutoFlash
ForceFlash - upload your bin file on SD
card to /ForceFlash direvtory and upload to your motor.

Now everybody can flash firmware. Simple as inserting SD card and connecting CAN connector.

Advantages:
- No need to have Besst and looking for account password (passwords are outdating after few weeks)
- You can set any speed. Besst is not allowing you set higher speed then 28kmh.
- No need to looking for bin firmware files. Including SD card with my set of firmwares. Including some custom made and testing firmwares.
- can be updated (so in the future will be supporting firmware flash also for M620, M630, M560)
- Great also for ebike shops. You can flash also on the street, and in one go - Flash firmware, set motor parameters and run rotor calibration. Takes only 1 minute!

Preorder for special price 140Eur including shipping at [email protected]

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles