Purion 200 - Worth the Upgrade?

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Is the Purion 200 worth the upgrade if you just have the LED remote

Also is it as easy as removing the bke from the app and resyncing once installed or is a dealer needed to clear any errors?

Considering replacing the LED remote with one, but not sure if its worth it as I could get the data screens using my phone if needed

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Is the Purion 200 worth the upgrade if you just have the LED remote

Also is it as easy as removing the bke from the app and resyncing once installed or is a dealer needed to clear any errors?

Considering replacing the LED remote with one, but not sure if its worth it as I could get the data screens using my phone if needed

When I moved from LED remote to Purion in Nov23 there was no need for the dealer, just a resync through the app. Assuming later firmware hasn't changed that?

I'm a sucker for watching the figures while riding, so being able to see speed/distance/time etc was a great upgrade over the LED remote.

The only drawback for me was the handlebar mount. Where the LED remote mounts on the sliding rail from the right side and slides towards the grip, the Purion has its clamp on the left side. For me, this interferes with my brake lever clamp and also created issues using the matchmaker for dropper lever mounting. There's a cutaway under the Purion that's intended to give clearance for the brake clamp, but my brake mount ended up being inboard of this causing the Purion to sit up a bit as its resting on the brake clamp.

I got everything in, but it's not sitting as nicely as it did with the LED.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Cheers, may have to see if I can get the LBS to let me see ho wit fits on my bike, don't want to be moving brake levers and dropper posts levers around to accomdate it

Bit strange they didnt use the same mount as the LED remote

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
I've got one that I'm waiting to fit - couldn't resist as I found one in an overstock sale for less than half price

I've read that they do "work" if just plugged in but that they can throw a warning because the motor pairs with the controller, so then has 2 controller ID's

I've got the alarm/tracker on my bike and apparently that has a fit until someone goes in with the dealer software and removes the old controller from the motor

Not sure if that's still the case as it was quite an old guide, but I don't want to take the risk of my bike having a fit so holding off until I can get it booked in at a shop

kbass24emtp

Dec 27, 2019
St. Louis
I did the switch and like it. You will have to have a dealer do a software conflict fix if you don’t want a warning sign every time you turn it on.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Can confirm
Went to Dalby at the weekend, asked if they had bosch diagnostics and he said he did so I took the jump
Did full red route, got back and washed the bike, then fitted the Purion 200
I reset and removed the bike from flow app first, mine has the alarm module so it said I needed to disable alarm and tracking then remove.

Fitted the purion, added bike, did a large update which I suspect was purion software, then re-enabled the alarm.
Bike seemed to work fine and no error codes - but the awesome guys at Dalby hooked it up for me and confirmed there was a controller ID conflict. All resolved whilst I browsed the shop.

Not ridden it yet with the new setup but I like the idea of having my kiox for dedicated navigation and still being able to see power mode/range on the purion :)

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
The latest Purion 200 update (don't know if it's relevant if you have the Kiox display), is excellent as you can customise the displayed info, by removing screens - (in my case the phone battery info), reorder them and even create your own, admittedly limited, info screen.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
The latest Purion 200 update (don't know if it's relevant if you have the Kiox display), is excellent as you can customise the displayed info, by removing screens - (in my case the phone battery info), reorder them and even create your own, admittedly limited, info screen.

Yeah that's what I plan on doing, remove everything other than 1 screen really with the essential info I want, like battery range/percent and mode - everything else I can see on the kiox

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
You have to have the Speedo as one screen, so this is how I've set mine up;
PXL_20240715_100715028.MP.jpg

PXL_20240715_100702720.MP.jpg

PXL_20240715_100709452.MP.jpg

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
I haven't had a lot of time to play with this setup - since I moved house a few weeks ago and everything has been mental since
But I've got the Purion 200 and the Kiox - it all seems to work well, I can have a split screen on the Purion and nav on the Kiox... but the walk assist doesn't seem to work anymore

I press and hold the down button and nothing happens
Anyone managed to get this to work? Is there some config needed?

EDIT: No idea why but it just started working - so ignore this

Last edited:

Landy Andy

Feb 8, 2021
Herts
I’m sure it’s a basic question, but if I swap from just a Purion to a Purion 200 does then then allow me to us flow app as I don’t think I can now with a basic Purion.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles