Progressive springs in general, 2020 Kenevo in particular

AlexF

Jul 28, 2020
London
Has anyone fitted a Kenevo, or other emtb designed for a coil shock, with a progressive spring? If so, how did it affect the ride of the bike? If you went to a progressive spring then did you choose one with a lower spring rate at the start of its travel range, or one that starts at the same rate as your normal spring? My 2020 s3 Kenevo comes with a 500lb spring which is on the light side for me right now as I put on a lot of insulation during lock down! I could just get a regular 550lb spring but was considering getting a Cane Creek VALT progressive spring in a 500-610lb rating instead. I figure that the ramp up in the spring rate through the stroke will give me support on drops whilst the 500lb early in the stroke will make it cushy for now but also work for me once I've pedalled off some of the lard I've built up.

AlexF

Jul 28, 2020
London
In case anyone's interested, it turns out the CC progressive springs won't fit the Kenevo's Rock Shox coil. Looks like some other companies make progressive springs that will fit (TBC). Will look to find a suitable progressive spring down the line and then compare it to a linear ramp spring both on my Kenevo and in a mechanical testing lab.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles