Potential Video Content for a Youtuber– Fighting for Consumer Rights with Giant E-Bike Battery Failure

Gian

Oct 17, 2024
scotland
an open letter

I wanted to share a frustrating experience with my Giant Reign E+ Pro e-bike that might be of interest for your channel, especially with a focus on consumer rights and the mountain biking community.

I purchased the bike in April 2021, and after just 1,070 km, the battery failed. Despite being a loyal Giant customer for over 30 years, I’ve faced significant challenges in getting the issue resolved. My local dealer confirmed the battery was dead, but since it was out of warranty, Giant initially refused to replace it and only offered a discounted replacement when I referenced the consumer rights act 2015 .

However, soon after replacing the battery, the charger also failed. This has resulted in weeks of frustrating back-and-forth emails, repeated trips to the dealer, and no clear resolution. I’ve been asked to explain basic usage of the charger, despite following all proper procedures and the shop confirming it was faulty.

What’s important here is that, under the Consumer Rights Act, I am entitled to have these repairs done even after the warranty period, as it's reasonable to expect a product as expensive as an e-bike battery to last longer than this. If I’m able to get this resolved under the Act, it’s something that should be known by the entire mountain biking community. Batteries are a huge expense, and riders deserve to know their rights when it comes to long-term durability and customer service.

I think this could be a great topic for a video, not only to highlight the struggle I've gone through but also to raise awareness about how riders can protect themselves under consumer laws when dealing with expensive components like e-bike batteries.

Thank you for considering this for your channel and I'd would be happy to discuss this further if you are interested.

Best regards,
G

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Good luck finding someone…

Bite Saying GIF by Eternal Family

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles