Posting Lithuim batteries within the UK

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
How are people posting batteries within the UK?

From what Ive read no UK delivery service will take a 100wh+ battery that is not with or connected to its device (i.e the bike)

In some cases if they find a 100wh+ battery in the delivery network that is not with or attached to its device they will dispose of the battery and offer no refund

So how are people and shops who sell Levo batteries getting them to buyers without running the risk of the battery being destroyed by the delivery company?

Spoke Graham@Trailwatts who basically confirmed the above

My concern is

1. that the battery could be disposed of if found and no compensation given as it a banned item

2. That in the unlikely event that the battery gets damaged or even worse could catch fire (everyone's seen the state some parcels arrive in) i would have no leg to stand on in a compensation claim or even worse if it did catch fire it could destroy the delivery plane/truck/van it was in and you could be open to criminal charges (imagine if your battery bought a plane down killing the crew!!! a quick Google search and its happened quite a few times!)

More info here

SHOCKING - Package Seized and Destroyed by Royal Mail!

Posting Lithium Batteries & Power Banks - Send Them Safely In Line With UN3481

What's Behind the Increase in Lithium-Ion Battery Fires on Planes?

MB1

Dec 28, 2019
Cumbria
This could be a potentially significant issue going forward. I was just looking to buy a spare Bosch battery and the Italy/Germany prices are the best around. However, I’ve recently noticed none of the EU suppliers will now ship to the UK because of new lithium battery shipping regs. We are going to be seriously limited on where we can purchase from in the future. Limited competition is also likely to mean high prices!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles