Possible to upgrade to Purion 200?

storrm

Aug 6, 2024
Nottingham
Hi,

Newbie here so go easy ;-) Just bought a new Trek Rail 9.8 XT Gen 4. It comes with the Bosch smart system with just a very discrete mini remote up/down switch on the left and the LED controller in the frame. I would really like to add a proper information display to the bike and came across the Purion 200 which looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Has anyone any experience with upgrading the Bosch mini remote with the Purion 200

TIA
Matt

storrm

Aug 6, 2024
Nottingham
According to the gent that delivered my bike (great service btw from Blazing Bikes who hand deliver any bike >£2k!), its possible to swap in the Purion 200 but it means running a cable to the control unit. Shame really because I want to remove cables, not increase them! I'm still waiting to hear from Bosch if this is possible or not, or whether they have an update planned for the Purion 200 which would then make it act just like an Bluetooth visual display device for the BRC3100 smart controller built into the bike. This would make sense as a) the BRC3300 which is currently fitted is BT and b) the BRC3100 is able to give metrics/stats to the Flow app over bluetooth. I'll update this thread once I hear from Bosch

storrm

Aug 6, 2024
Nottingham
From what I'm reading, if you want to use the Purion 200, you have to bypass the system controller (BRC3100) and cable the motor directly to the Purion. Not worth doing IMO. Now researching installing a Kiox 300 (BHU3600) upgrade kit using the Y-Display controller cable BCH3614_800 or BCH3614_950. Problem is not knowing how long the top Y portion (controller to display) part of the cable is. Surprised that no one has come up with a Y-splitter that would allow us to keep the installed cable and just attach the splitter at the top to wire in the display and controller.

farek14

Aug 7, 2024
Poland
I have the same problem on Orbea wild. I installed purion 200. It is working. But have no idea how make system controller on top tube wired. I saw on orbea wild fb group that someone is using purion 200. Maybe I will get answers.

Update:

if you want to use purion 200 you have to disconnect the controller on the top tube and connect it to purion 200.
That's what I did. No new cable was needed. the original one on my bike was long enough.
I also contacted bosch and they confirmed it.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles