Levo SL Gen 1 Poor Front Brake New Levo SL?

AaronMc

Aug 12, 2020
UK
Evening all!

Went out for a second ride on the SL tonight and noticing the rear brake is nice and sharp, the front however is doing hardly anything however hard it is pulled.

Tried moving the lever adjuster but no difference.

Would it be likely that it needs bleeding already?!

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
If its pulling back to the bars then it needs a bleed, if not it could mean that the pads just need bedding in on a nice long steep road.

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Evening all!

Went out for a second ride on the SL tonight and noticing the rear brake is nice and sharp, the front however is doing hardly anything however hard it is pulled.

Tried moving the lever adjuster but no difference.

Would it be likely that it needs bleeding already?!
Have you followed the specified bedding-in procedure? It made a big difference for me.

Oh - and which brakes, specifically? I've got REs on mine, and I get the impression they're a lot better than the Rs - suffice to say, I'm very happy with them now, although I definitely wasn't impressed initially, in much the same way that you describe.

AaronMc

Aug 12, 2020
UK
Doesn’t come right to the bars, just doesn’t seem to be pinching like the rear!

Can see pads are touching the disk, but the disc doesn’t seem to get warm at all.

Will try another bedding in round tomorrow morning!

AaronMc

Aug 12, 2020
UK
Have you followed the specified bedding-in procedure? It made a big difference for me.

Oh - and which brakes, specifically? I've got REs on mine, and I get the impression they're a lot better than the Rs - suffice to say, I'm very happy with them now, although I definitely wasn't impressed initially, in much the same way that you describe.

Yes that’s the one it’s the RE’s.

I will have a look at the specific procedure for it, is that in the

AaronMc

Aug 12, 2020
UK

I don't suppose it's magically better than any other bedding-in routine, but it does work, so...

Perfect thanks for that. Typical of us blokes to not read the manual and be the first to complain!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles