Plus size inner tubes with removable Presta valve core

Happy Jack

Aug 23, 2020
UK
Struggling to get a pair of 29 x 2.6 tubes with removable Presta Valve cores so I can squirt some sealant in them. LBS hasn't got any and I usually use Schwalbe. Need to get them fitted as they have just cut all the hawthorn hedges near me and I am on two punctures this week already.

What other manufacturers tubes come with removeable valve cores?

I know there are some hacks but I like spare tubes anyway - can't afford to go tubeless just yet

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Does sealant actually work in tubes?

Anyhow... The reason you've had two punctures this week is because you haven't gone tubeless. You say you can't afford to go tubeless. I think you can't afford not to. Surely rim tape (you're already using sealant) can't be a big enough impost compared to special tubes. If it's too much then Gorilla tape is cheaper than a single tube.

I had two pinch flats my first two rides when my bike was new. Changed to tubeless and have had one flat in 2 .5 years.

Gordon

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Maxxis makes some:

Happy Jack

Aug 23, 2020
UK
Does sealant actually work in tubes?

Anyhow... The reason you've had two punctures this week is because you haven't gone tubeless. You say you can't afford to go tubeless. I think you can't afford not to. Surely rim tape (you're already using sealant) can't be a big enough impost compared to special tubes. If it's too much then Gorilla tape is cheaper than a single tube.

I had two pinch flats my first two rides when my bike was new. Changed to tubeless and have had one flat in 2 .5 years.

Gordon

In my experience yes it does. I have used slime in my tubed MTB for 5 years never had a puncture and I have pulled plenty of thorns out. The tubes aren't particularly special just can't get them at the moment.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Slime sealant definitely does work in inner tubes. I went from a flat every 14 miles to zero for years and years. Then I went tubeless, also no flats for years and years. I can only vouch for Slime sealant in tubes. Because it worked and doesn't go off like latex sealants I never had to buy any more, so no chance to experiment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles