Phone or computer?

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
I have just bought a second hand 2018 comp carbon, loving it!
I would like a display on the bar to let me know the battery level, and which mode I am in.
Should I buy a computer or a cheap phone, as i dont want to risk my main phone on the bar.
I have connected the Mission Control app, but will probably buy the Blevo app when i'm a bit more used to the bike.
GPS is not so important, but would be usefull, maybe when I know the bike a bit more I will know what mode I'm in by the feel of the bike, does anyone find that to be the case, or maybe it's not really important?
Any advice would be welcome.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
going on 3rd week with a new 18 expert. Have same dilemma. My phone is too big on the bar. Unfortunately the computers available pale compared to a phone. For now phone is best option. Now the software... ah just buy the BLEVo and learn it and enjoy. There is no reasonable comparison with the specialized product.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Just got the wahoo bol,t today. Much better option than my phone! Even if the screen is nowhere near a phones, it shows me what I need and us easy to use. The Garmin is pricey but bolt covers my needs at a reasonable price.

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
Thanks guys, I have downloaded Blevo on an old phone and will see how it goes, I'll have a look at the Bolt thanks.

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Have a look at the Osync Coachsmart. It works fine with the Levo and it´s small. The Coachsmart shows the battery-Level, cadence, distance, km/h, riders-power and can also navigate if a smartphone is connected. Sadly this is not easy to handle, because there are only arrows shown in the bottom of the display. Often difficult to interpret.

I´m using the new Sigma ROX 12 since a few weeks, because i wanted better navigation. It´s nearly the Garmin 1030, but a cheaper option.
It´s also fully connected to the Levo and mounted on the ahead cap, i´m really happy with it until now. By the way... synchronising komoot is no problem.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I believe the new Bluetooth display launched by Specialized for the 2019 Levo is also compatible with older Levos

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You could just put a nokia 6110 on the bars, no one would notice the difference

nokia.jpg

LeonLevo

Jul 31, 2018
Belgium
Does anyone know if there is an Android device specifically for outdoor use (cycling/MTB) that can be used to only run BLEvo and other related cycling apps (Strava, GPS navigation, Specialized MC, etc.)? The hardware should be waterproof and rugged. Not looking for a smartphone as such as I already have and use an iPhone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles