Phone mount

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
Just thought I'd share how I mount a phone to the bike.

Cost = £3.59 eBay

20190723_175525.jpg

20190723_180416.jpg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Ok for road bike but way too vulnerable and too many knocks on a mtb. On some of my rides it would be wiped off in minutes.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
What do you need to look at to have a the requirement to mount a phone up front?

Mine goes in my camelback for emergencies only, I'm too busy riding to even look at my bikes display.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
i was using the clampy style glub mount like paolo and many others to hold my bv6000 for blevo, but i just installed some sweet surly sunrise bars. they have a crossbar like an mx bike and the glub won’t work!!! im gonna try a silicone one that goes around the stem. the quadlock mounts probably wont work well with the blackview phones because the back is textured and uneven. finally, navigating with blevo is AWESOME!!!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Blevo.
Using maps to find trails.
I am not familiar with Blevo...I use Komoot but surely you get voice instructions just like any navigation system. I use my phone with Komoot and Bluetooth headphones to find trails using the vlice instructions. My phone is safely stored in a bag on the top tube. If I need to look at the map I stop and check it on the phone but rarely need to do that.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
In any case with Komoot it saves battery life by turning the screen off until it is giving a direction command...or you manually awaken the screen. Seems to me watching a screen whilst riding could be somewhat distracting!

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
I am not familiar with Blevo...I use Komoot but surely you get voice instructions just like any navigation system. I use my phone with Komoot and Bluetooth headphones to find trails using the vlice instructions. My phone is safely stored in a bag on the top tube. If I need to look at the map I stop and check it on the phone but rarely need to do that.
Blevo connects to the bike mate.

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
In any case with Komoot it saves battery life by turning the screen off until it is giving a direction command...or you manually awaken the screen. Seems to me watching a screen whilst riding could be somewhat distracting!
I've been using a satnav in my car for 20 years never been an issue.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I've been using a satnav in my car for 20 years never been an issue.
Yep...not for green laneing though! ....and a sat nav in a car is not going to get wet muddy dusty or get knocked off....just trying to save you the cost of a new Iphone

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
What do you need to look at to have a the requirement to mount a phone up front?

Mine goes in my camelback for emergencies only, I'm too busy riding to even look at my bikes display.
I ride in some places where there are a ton of trails and the signage is piss-poor. It's really easy to take wrong turns and get very extended rides! I fine the trailforks app really handy and need it a lot on some rides

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles