Phone apps for Giant other than the Giant one

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
My Garmin 820, which I use on my other bikes, works well as a display on my 2021 Trance. I think that Giant is missing some critical fields tho, such as reading the battery values from the second battery (EnergyPak plus) separately. We do a lot of out-back riding and being informed about the state of both batteries is critical to getting back out. It seems like much more info is communicated via Bluetooth and displayed with the App, than is presented on ANT+. But requiring an internet connection means the Giant app is totally useless when we need it the most. I am going to have to sniff out the Bluetooth messages to see what there is there. There is no good reason why I should have to put my engineer hat on to figure out what my bike is doing.

Persefall

Apr 9, 2024
UK
I gotta say, while the Giant app seems decent, it feels a little...limiting, you know? Like we're stuck in their ecosystem. There are some amazing third-party options out there that can track rides, crunch data, and maybe even help us rake in some extra dough – imagine earning rewards or discounts for shredding trails! Wouldn't that be sweet? Forget "there's an app for that," there should be an app to pay us for doing what we love! These online earning apps are popping up everywhere, but are any of them worth the sweat? Maybe there's a hidden gem out there that tracks our rides and throws us a few bucks on the side.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles