Peak motor power question

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Just looking at today’s ride in blevo. I was shocked to notice the max motor output. Does everyone get these sorts of figures? Sure my old motor was more like upper seven hundreds.
B00A6243-C2A0-4CF2-8F22-CDE8B64DD607.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That's a bit Crazy ! :)

Wouldn't you have to be pulling about 24 amps to get that kind of power ?

If you run Mission Control and have it in Diagnostics/battery, it should show the Amps being drawn as you ride .. Normally on 5.0.4 it maxes at 20 I think.

I take it you have a second battery ?

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Hi,
Difficult to access bike right now. To answer the other question, I had my 250w/h trailwatts range extender fitted today.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi,
Difficult to access bike right now. To answer the other question, I had my 250w/h trailwatts range extender fitted today.
There is a csv file you can download from Blevo which will give you the infinite detail re max Amps and the maxpower output along with loads of other info. Look at column L ‘Battery Current (A)’ and column U ‘Motor Power’

Ed_M

Patreon
Aug 9, 2019
Wokingham
The Motor power is actually motor input power, aka Volts * Amps. It is not actually the power that the motor is producing, so the value you are looking at is misleading.

I fed that back to Specialized last month. They do not have the ability to determine motor power as they do not have a torque sensor on the motor output shaft.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
hi, just to clear up some detail, the battery software is 2.23.1 and motor software is as stated. I am going for a ride in the morning so I’ll try to suss the voltage via blevo.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
hi, just to clear up some detail, the battery software is 2.23.1 and motor software is as stated. I am going for a ride in the morning so I’ll try to suss the voltage via blevo.
Be very interested to see how many Amps it puts out.
There was an issue where a number of 2018 Levo’s were only pushing out 15-16 Amps due to a failed update. This was fixed by running the update again which allowed 20-21 Amps.
The CSV gives a measurement every second so you will need to scroll down the column to see the maximum Battery Current value.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Be very interested to see how many Amps it puts out.
There was an issue where a number of 2018 Levo’s were only pushing out 15-16 Amps due to a failed update. This was fixed by running the update again which allowed 20-21 Amps.
The CSV gives a measurement every second so you will need to scroll down the column to see the maximum Battery Current value.

Sorry to keep you waiting, I had 15 amp software initially and was greatly impressed with the difference after forcing the update. Went from circa 550 to 800 or so immediately(previous motor).
Does it need to be uphill pedalling hard or will a stab in walk mode on the stand give the reading we need.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Sorry to keep you waiting, I had 15 amp software initially and was greatly impressed with the difference after forcing the update. Went from circa 550 to 800 or so immediately(previous motor).
Does it need to be uphill pedalling hard or will a stab in walk mode on the stand give the reading we need.
Had the same with my motor, went from 560w, 15Amps to just under 800w, 20.5Amps and you could definitely feel the difference.
Are you actually feeling the difference with the new engine at 1000w plus or do you think it might be a software bug?

You will need to ride the bike reasonably hard for a short distance to get the high Amp reading. The Walk assist button will only give you a low output reading.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
i Wondered at first wether power/torque was slightly less in eco. Turbo seemed very strong. Sure enough it bedded in over a week or so and is now (I feel) very strong in eco by comparison.
Worth remembering I fitted a 36t front, with no noticeable affect on climbing the steepest parts in the same gears. Pick up in top, on tarmac, is stronger for sure.
So yes I do feel it is stronger.

For balance, the 36t gearing change was carried out at the same time as a drop from 2.8 to 2.6 tyres. Since the butcher on the rear only measures up at 2.4(stretched across a 38mm rim). I imagine aspect ratio(sidewall height) has reduced. It’s possible that the effective gearing reduction at the back wheel, gobbled up any gains resulting from the 36t.
i use assistance settings as follows, 35/100 70/100 100/100, may also be a factor?. I have Personally become very much stronger over recent months, not sure if output can be affected though.
A knowledgeable source has informed me “it’s an anomaly due to load sharing”

Im keen to get out and test the voltage. Unfortunately, I have a very upset little whippet here that had a number of stitches yesterday. I have to supervise her till swmbo gets back.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles