Parts,parts,parts?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I think we need to be aware of the possibility of fake parts. This shortage has caused a vacuum of parts available to the market. The recent events may have created a perfect storm and made us realize that this new(ish) sport is edging towards global triggers. What effects us will effect you …and vice-versa. Opportunities for other small businesses will rise but so will the probability of lower quality parts.
I’ll support my LBS’s as best as I can because I need them to stay in business. I’ve been waiting 5 months now for a new dropper and have extra chains and brake pads.

Razz1

Apr 7, 2020
Pennsylvainia,usa
I think we need to be aware of the possibility of fake parts. This shortage has caused a vacuum of parts available to the market. The recent events may have created a perfect storm and made us realize that this new(ish) sport is edging towards global triggers. What effects us will effect you …and vice-versa. Opportunities for other small businesses will rise but so will the probability of lower quality parts.
I’ll support my LBS’s as best as I can because I need them to stay in business. I’ve been waiting 5 months now for a new dropper and have extra chains and brake pads.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
and have extra chains and brake pads.
much like the toilet paper shortage two years back
This mindset is a big part of the issue.
Not blaming you alone. But if everyone overstocks for themselves it doesn't take a genius to work out how that affects stock in shops and suppliers.

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
Purchased a complete backup drive system for Rail 7 from Taiwan via eBay. Shipped pretty fast and not excessively expensive.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles