Parktool pcs 10.2 problem

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
So I've had a parktool pc's 10.2 bikestand( it's just out of warranty) It's been great stand until lately I've had my bike falen over twice in the stand.

The problem I'm having is this stupid climb. If I wend it more up I can't get it locked, if I put it less I can get it locked but the arm slowly folds down and eventually the whole stand falls with the bike in it.
Doing a fork service today, had it fall over on the air spring and bent it😡

Anyone has the same problem and a solution?
20231202_155206.jpg

Last edited:

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Bicycle Tools Incorporated dba Park Tool Co. (“Park Tool”) warrants that your new Park Tool product purchased directly from Park Tool, or an authorized reseller or distributor, will be free from material defects in materials and workmanship for the Limited Warranty Period below.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Parktool was very helpfull.
They said:
Thank you for using our stand!

Sorry for the trouble! We are aware of a small amount of stands that have had this issue.

They will also ship a different lockring colar.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Great news, a company as big as theirs with the great reputation should help customers even if the offending tool is out of warranty, glad to hear you got sorted out mate 👍😎

Rotwilder

Apr 19, 2019
West Yorkshire
I had the exact same problem. The bike and stand fell over into my cars rear door. Cost more than the stand to repair!
it was summer and very warm so I put it down to that for the clamp sliding down.
Now I’m thinking there might have been protective oil coating applied during manufacture? Since I’ve washed various bikes and the stand itself, the problem has gone away. In fact, it’s as sturdy as if it was bolted now. I always check by pulling on the stand through habit now, and the clamp isn’t too tight. The whole stand appears semi matt now, probably due to getting wet and just being wiped down after use.

vman

Jan 1, 2023
Marin County USA
Not saying you misaligned the bike, but were you aware of alignment of the bike in the stand when it fell ?
Bikes can fall in most travelling portable stand if they are not correctly aligned.
Usually a misalignment happens due to one of several things - 1)the bike starts out in the stand not aligned with the two legs equally under it 2) starts out correctly aligned and then while working on it it rotates around the seatpost (if not clamped tight enough or because the user torqued on on the bike laterally). 3) Changing from a level orientation to more vertical to work on a fork without reconfirming alignment of the bike in the stand. I have used both the Park 10.3 Stands and the Feedback Sports PRO stands and either can fall if the bike is not aligned correctly - user instructions don't address the issue either which is annoying.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Not saying you misaligned the bike, but were you aware of alignment of the bike in the stand when it fell ?
Bikes can fall in most travelling portable stand if they are not correctly aligned.
Usually a misalignment happens due to one of several things - 1)the bike starts out in the stand not aligned with the two legs equally under it 2) starts out correctly aligned and then while working on it it rotates around the seatpost (if not clamped tight enough or because the user torqued on on the bike laterally). 3) Changing from a level orientation to more vertical to work on a fork without reconfirming alignment of the bike in the stand. I have used both the Park 10.3 Stands and the Feedback Sports PRO stands and either can fall if the bike is not aligned correctly - user instructions don't address the issue either which is annoying.
That's not the problem i have .
My problem is that when I hang the eMTB in the stand, it gradually collapses due to the weight, causing the stand to become unbalanced and fall over.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles