Orbea wild fs m20 2020

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Depends whether it fits what you're looking for in a bike?

I've got a wild fs M team - I havent had it long, but I've done about 300 miles on it, I like it, I think it offered decent value for money , the geometry is a little on the conservative side (compared to non ebikes), but most ebikes are more conservative than the equivalent normal bike.

I havent had any significant issues with it, I dont like the fact that the speed sensor uses a magnet on the spokes, but they've changed to a brake rotor mounted magnet for the 2021 model, the battery cover rattles a little when going over rough surfaces, but this can be fixed by sticking some rubber in the right place on the battery cover, I dont like the bosch Kiox or purion display, I think they're too large, but every bike that uses the bosch motor has this limitation. Aside from these I cant think of anything else negative to say.

The motor itself has been fantastic, with no issues.

It goes downhill over rough chunky rocks very very well - faster than my 2018 capra anyway. Uphill is brilliant because of the motor. Its not as playful as a normal bike because of the extra weight, but this is true of any ebike.

Have you looked at a trek rail, or specialized levo,or the YT decoy? These are similar'ish bikes to the orbea, I could have bought any of these really, but the orbea looked like the best all round option for me.

Last edited:

Howiet

Dec 30, 2019
Tonbridge
Should I buy these bike? Sound like good value for money, should I keep looking?
I got the Wild FS M10 and love it. Demo’d a Levo, WhyteE150 and Cannondale but the Orbea came out tops. I’m 6’1 and ride XL. Upgraded Bosch motor is fantastic. The battery cover does rattle a bit but sorted quite easily. Smashes the chunk and eats the ups too. I’d buy one again.

DaveG68

Oct 17, 2020
Stroud
Just ordered one of these today. Almost went for a Cube (great value) but fell for the Orbea after a few video reviews and seeing one in the flesh and chatting to its owner.

Supra23

Jul 15, 2020
Portugal
A college bought the M20 last August with the upgrade on the brakes to XT and rear sock for the X2 Factory Kashima (both upgrades done in the factory). Everyone on our group have done a few up/down with it and everybody was amazed with the performance of the bike going down. It weighs 23.4kg but going downhill it seams that is almost the same weight as a "normal" bike.
And for me one of the most beautiful full e-bike on the market.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I’ve one of these, H30 and it’s 25% less value for money than the cube counterparts that come with 1k forks included like the Zeb instead of the Rockshox which might be £250!

I opted for the Wild because I was told about geometry, bike is better, Cubes have more problems xyz but then when chatting to experienced peeps they might say to get a zeb fork next and buy parts you would get included on the cube already.

You MUST take a couple of bikes out for a test, dont just assume it will be great because others say! Try hire one if you can, I didn’t and in the end Im left with a bike I’m struggling to turn compared to a pals Voodoo bike with 27.5 wheels which I can turn much better; it’s so much more agile and fun to work with. It will feel more punishing over bumpy terrain though.

I think if your a casual trail rider then go for agility over beefy DH bikes like the Wild, I underestimated how different bikes actually can be! If your wanting to go in straight lines, DH over any terrain then this is great for sure, it’s like a monster truck compared to others and I’ve found myself smashing through bogs or over boulders I never believed I could get past where others fail!

Ive a suspicion the Cube bikes would have been a better fit for me in the end with the 27.5 wheels or maybe the Levo....I’m also having to upgrade my brakes as quite frankly they don’t perform well on steeper descents with leaves and slippy terrain compared to other bikes/brakes. I just ordered Shimano Zees

Overall I love it, just wished I’d have tried others first....

Last edited:

uribank

Oct 16, 2020
israel
I've bought the orbea m20, great bike, I was afraid that the 29 wheels will be too big for me but you don't really feel the size, it's a great great bike, better than the rest I've tested, for me at least, you can climb up effortlessly and than fly down regardless of the terrain,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles