Orbea Wild FS 2020 users have any CX Gen 4 motor chatter/clatter?

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
Had kind been set on buying the Orbea Wild. I have arranged a demo, but nearest dealer to Aberdeen that has a bike is over 2 hrs away. Not sure now I want to make that journey after reading more and more comments about the motor noise, do any users actually has this noise if so how bad is it? Or is it the case those without the noise don't comment online. It's kinda put me off the Orbea now or is is a case there is no perfect bike as they all have their own issues.

Any Orbea owners near Aberdeen?

B

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
It’s got to be worth the trip just to put your mind at ease.....
I think you will be letting yourself down if it’s the bike you’ve got your mind set on
Ride it - then buy it - you know you want to ?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
The bike I rode the other week that rattled - was exactly what I thought it was.
Power cable not fixed down and slamming through a rock garden a connector was banging against the frame - was piss-poor set-up at the shop he purchased from. Considering they have only sold a handful of ebikes that is not surprising - especially when the owner is too tight to send his staff away on courses... after all, a bike is just a bike isn't it?

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
I have a wild fs and mine has no rattle, I'm going to inners/gypsy glen tomorrow and I will report back if I notice a rattle

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Mine didn’t rattle at all in the 15 minutes I rode it. It’s in the showroom at Sprockets in Kilmarnock, where it came from, as I’m now off the bike with a long term injury. Bargain available.. size large M-Team..., with a few upgrades too.

Tat0

Dec 30, 2019
Italy
I tested a h10 for 1 hour and no rattle noticied. I ordered one team and i hope no rattle will be present.

Any more user experience is appreciate, i have not jet understood why soma bike yes and some bike no...

(Sorry for my english)

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’m in Aberdeen, and bought a Trek Rail. Took it for a 10min blast along the streets before buying, but that was all. No rattle there.

Just back from my 4th ride, and it does rattle. It totally depends where you’re riding. My first 2 rides barely made a peep. Yesterday, I was coming down a very rooty section, and each bump resulted in a clatter. It seemed that it banged each time my back wheel dropped for about 30 seconds solid!
I’ve done over 20 miles this morning, and can’t remember hearing it at all.

I guess it depends on where you’re riding, and what you’re tackling!

Davidh218

Jun 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve got one can’t say I’ve noticed any issues with the motor the bike is different class it’s so stable fast and confidence inspiring

localone

Jun 17, 2019
Bilbao
I’m in Aberdeen, and bought a Trek Rail. Took it for a 10min blast along the streets before buying, but that was all. No rattle there.

Just back from my 4th ride, and it does rattle. It totally depends where you’re riding. My first 2 rides barely made a peep. Yesterday, I was coming down a very rooty section, and each bump resulted in a clatter. It seemed that it banged each time my back wheel dropped for about 30 seconds solid!
I’ve done over 20 miles this morning, and can’t remember hearing it at all.

I guess it depends on where you’re riding, and what you’re tackling!
really? where?

Jim25

Jan 23, 2020
London
Mine didn’t rattle at all in the 15 minutes I rode it. It’s in the showroom at Sprockets in Kilmarnock, where it came from, as I’m now off the bike with a long term injury. Bargain available.. size large M-Team..., with a few upgrades too.

What upgrades? And how much?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles