Orbea wild fs 2020 chain guide issue

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Anyone having issues with the chainguide rubbing off the rear pivot point, and taking the paint off?
I know of mine and another that are doing this. Anyone had it checked by there dealer if so what was the fix?

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
DSC_0360.JPG

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Yip, bike is heading back to the dealer for a new back end or new bike, think it will be new back end myself. Not too bothered which at this point. Local Orbea dealer has there demo one with the same issue. The chain guide is touching the rear pivot. Think I'm going to take the chain guide off, been looking at a one up components chain guide which should fit better.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Sounds like a problem that will affect them all then, until they change the guide, but at least they’ll all be sorted under warranty I guess.

Last edited:

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Probably easy to miss I suppose, but at least owners will know what to look for going forward to stop it happening to them.

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich
Yip, bike is heading back to the dealer for a new back end or new bike, think it will be new back end myself. Not too bothered which at this point. Local Orbea dealer has there demo one with the same issue. The chain guide is touching the rear pivot. Think I'm going to take the chain guide off, been looking at a one up components chain guide which should fit better.

I have had my bike invisiframe, I have noticed the same issue paint coming off behind the chain guide.
Are you sure orbea are going to fix the issue is it a warranty claim.
If so I will take mine to orbea dealer

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Reply from customer service
Thank you very much for your email
I can see that the bike arrived back with us on Wednesday and is being processed by the returns team. In the meantime, the technical team now have the spare parts from Orbea so it is ready for repair. Once it has been fixed, they will send it out to you and notify you by email.
If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask
Kind regards,

Muttleydog

Feb 23, 2020
Gloucestershire
Cheers for posting this. I picked up my Wild FS H10 yesterday and checked this and it would have rubbed the paint off if i hadn't turned it clockwise a bit to avoid the rubbing.

Betheblake

Mar 23, 2020
Alabama
I just picked up my wild fs 2 weeks ago and am thinking about replacing the chain guard. Any suggestions On a chain guard/ bashguard combo? Also where’s the orbea only forum, I’m starting to see more and more in my area.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles