Orbea Rise warranty motor repair

pez_cemetery

Mar 18, 2020
Bristol
I bought my Rise from MTBMonster, it was delivered in August. Last month the EP8 developed a fault so I sent it back to MTBMonster and they sent it on to Shimano who confirmed they needed to replace the motor, however stock is not expected until January. MTBMonster also informed me that Orbea have no stock of EP8 motors either.

While I understand supply is very challenged, it looks like plenty of new EP8 ebikes are available to buy with delivery dates before January. I was wondering if anyone knew who in this case was responsible for ensuring existing (and rather recent!) customers were taken care of with the appropriate amount of motors kept aside to cater for warranty replacements - MTBMonster, Orbea or Shimano?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Sorry to hear your issues on the EP8.

Shimano need to hold spares. MTB Monster are only the dealer and dependent on the manufacturers and distributors. I even think I read on my Orbea warranty that the non-Orbea parts are warranted directly with the manufacturers.

So Madison is the UK distributor for Shimano. I would be getting onto them if I was you.

If you can't use the bike and it is only just over a month old, I'd consider talking to Citizen Advice about your rights.

Shame as they really are cracking bikes and this is first issue I've heard of about EP8 failures. They generally seem quite robust.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
If it’s gone faulty within six months ask the retailer for a refund, it’s your consumer right. The issue isnt with shimano, it’s with the retailer. They can also be asked to exchange the bike for a replacement.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I Think they (EU law) have a 30 days period to comply with be repair , replaced, reduce the price or reimburse.

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
I got a bad motor too. Shimano sent a new one same day they diagnosed it as bad.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles