Orbea Rise, any thoughts on putting a coil on?

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
i've just looked at the sizing and its the same size as a DVO Jade X that i have on my ripmo. i love that shock. i'd be interested in switching in the future (rise arrives monday) depending how i get on with the dpx2 and the mounting hardware

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Yeah, I’m currently shopping for one now. The availability is very limited! As like everything lately...

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
What’s the leverage rate progression of the Rise? One really ought to not put coils on bike with less than 30% or so... unless you dont care about traction and bottom outs. Personally loving my air shocks on my bikes with 35%...

you’d be better off getting a custom tune of your shock before moving on. At least would learn what works..

how will you choose which coil shock shim stack tune to start with?

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
Got an ext storia v3 for a week, replacing dpx2, and Love it. The bike ride is much smoother and stable. Traction is greatly improved also. I haven’t noticed the weight increase. except for the cost, I see no downside (great combo with push acs3 coil kit in my fox 36).

vcna

May 10, 2022
Switzerland
Got an ext storia v3 for a week, replacing dpx2, and Love it. The bike ride is much smoother and stable. Traction is greatly improved also. I haven’t noticed the weight increase. except for the cost, I see no downside (great combo with push acs3 coil kit in my fox 36).
Hi! May I ask you your frame size? I’m considering to put an EXT on my Rise M10 size medium. Frame incompatibility seems to have been reported… thanks a lot!

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
Hi! May I ask you your frame size? I’m considering to put an EXT on my Rise M10 size medium. Frame incompatibility seems to have been reported… thanks a lot!
I have a Large frame. You can contact their French branch, they (Mathias) were super helpful and friendly.
[email protected]
+33 3 67 30 04 07
SAS LPDV
121 route de Colmar
68040 INGERSHEIM
FRANCE

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles