orange phase s shimano display won’t power on

Liam smith

Oct 14, 2024
Retford Nottinghamshire
Hey guys, Im having an issue with my orange phase s the shimano display will not power on, I have recently noticed the cable on the remote what’s on the bars has been pinched somehow so will not turn on

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
It's a SD300 cable. They are not expensive. Like £20.

Measure how long it is and replace it. I actually keep a spare so I can test any cable, after pinching one myself, fitting new grips.

Liam smith

Oct 14, 2024
Retford Nottinghamshire
It's a SD300 cable. They are not expensive. Like £20.

Measure how long it is and replace it. I actually keep a spare so I can test any cable, after pinching one myself, fitting new grips.
I’m taking it to shimano service centre tomorrow so that one cable is most likely causing my problem for no power as it was fine till I noticed the pinched cable on the switch

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
I’m taking it to shimano service centre tomorrow so that one cable is most likely causing my problem for no power as it was fine till I noticed the pinched cable on the switch
It could be the pinched cable. But I have also had the cable come lose where it plugs in. I would normally re-seat all the plugs using the special cable inserting and extraction tool.

1728910919302.png

Liam smith

Oct 14, 2024
Retford Nottinghamshire
I took it to my nearest shimano centre at Sherwood pines cycles today and the guy didn’t seem interested saying he didn’t have the cables and wouldn’t be able to do it, I had the battery out for a while when travelling to the shop and it turned back on in the shop, I couldn’t believe it tbh, so all good for now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles