Orange bikes , makes you think .

John_likes_bikes

Jul 17, 2024
california
My thoughts are: how well did he take care of his frame, was there existing rider causing damage and it's the internet, loud minorities get amplified unrealistically because people like attention. Every and any frame can break under the right circumstances, it can happen to you and me on the next ride. One instance isn't an indication of a problem, neither is 10 considering the volume of bikes sold.

I think this for any frame break I see.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
My thoughts are: how well did he take care of his frame, was there existing rider causing damage and it's the internet, loud minorities get amplified unrealistically because people like attention. Every and any frame can break under the right circumstances, it can happen to you and me on the next ride. One instance isn't an indication of a problem, neither is 10 considering the volume of bikes sold.

I think this for any frame break I see.
Cracking i understand but the way this one broke was quite dramatic .

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I'm glad he is still fit and well. As far as the bike is concerned I would have a few questions. He constantly referred to the frame he races...so was the Orange bike standard or had he built his own bike from just a frame? He admits breaking other frames including a previous Orange warranty claim. I'm not surprised the frame ended up in pieces if it was the head tube that exploded. Was that frame designed for that double crown fork?
Regardless having raced offroad cars in the past everything is pushed hard and nothing lasts a full season!

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
I'm glad he is still fit and well. As far as the bike is concerned I would have a few questions. He constantly referred to the frame he races...so was the Orange bike standard or had he built his own bike from just a frame? He admits breaking other frames including a previous Orange warranty claim. I'm not surprised the frame ended up in pieces if it was the head tube that exploded. Was that frame designed for that double crown fork?
Regardless having raced offroad cars in the past everything is pushed hard and nothing lasts a full season!
Some good points especially regarding age and extended use
The frame itself is a 279 DH frame i noticed that in the video on the rear swing arm so 100% good for DC forks
Ive just never seen a failure like that before hence my post i suppose we will never know the full story (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles