• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Options after failure of rear hub

BattleBear

Apr 4, 2021
U.K
So my rear hub failed this morning on my Cube Reaction Race 2021. Noticed a grinding noise, got it home to inspect and the whole cassette was loose (still tight on with the lockring but moving with the freehub around the axle), got it off to be greeted by the freehub body just falling off with it, loads of score marks on the axle and loose tiny bearings falling out everywhere, long story short... it's dead.

I'm trying to source a new rear wheel online as I'm no good with building wheels etc but struggling to find a replacement. The hub is a Shimano FH-MT401 micro spline 12 speed quick release with center lock rotors and 135mm O.L.D on 29er rims

honestly, I'd just like to buy a direct replacement, or something similar just to get me back on the road ASAP but can't find anything or I'm looking in the wrong places.

Any help would be great... I'm in the U.K if that helps

IMG_1189.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles