One huge advantage of e-bikes: regulating body temperature

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
In the summer I usually have a hard time with the heat on a regular bike, but on the ebike I had a much better time this year. Just use a little more boost on the uphills.

Yesterday was my first proper winter ride. 2 degrees at the top and snow on the side of the trails. Even in winter, I can overheat on a regular bike by wearing too much clothing at the beginning of the climb, and then halfway wanting to get rid of the jacket. But, on the ebike everything was so much better. I had two layers and a jacket (Endura MT500) and all I had to do was undo the zips of the jacket to provide ventilation.

I'm also not so bothered about the weight of a pack - where I can add things like spare/extra clothing "just in case".

Yesterday was a dry/sunny day. The bigger test will come when it's cold and raining.

Definitely enjoying the ebike more for "all year/all weather" riding. I presume its the same for others?

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
In the summer I usually have a hard time with the heat on a regular bike, but on the ebike I had a much better time this year. Just use a little more boost on the uphills.

Yesterday was my first proper winter ride. 2 degrees at the top and snow on the side of the trails. Even in winter, I can overheat on a regular bike by wearing too much clothing at the beginning of the climb, and then halfway wanting to get rid of the jacket. But, on the ebike everything was so much better. I had two layers and a jacket (Endura MT500) and all I had to do was undo the zips of the jacket to provide ventilation.

I'm also not so bothered about the weight of a pack - where I can add things like spare/extra clothing "just in case".

Yesterday was a dry/sunny day. The bigger test will come when it's cold and raining.

Definitely enjoying the ebike more for "all year/all weather" riding. I presume its the same for others?
Sounds good to me! Heat management has always been an issue for me, especially in winter as I sweat quite a bit when I exercise. With delivery of my Levo and winter just around the corner, I'm looking to testing your theory out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles