Old git of 63 with a recent Knee replacement.

Hi everyone. I'm an old git of 63 with a recent Knee replacement living in St.Leonards on sea. I watched quite a few of Rob's videos before deciding to buy a 2019 Turbo Levo. I've only managed one fairly tame ride on it so far and it's great. I have to admit that I didn't buy it to throw myself off a mountain.....at least at first. Having said that, I've been a keen Trail rider on motorcycles since the 80s TRF life member. I'm sure I'll have more questions than answers for the community at first.
P1040490.JPG

Oliver Randle

Nov 14, 2019
Newbury, Berkshire
Hi everyone. I'm an old git of 63 with a recent Knee replacement living in St.Leonards on sea. I watched quite a few of Rob's videos before deciding to buy a 2019 Turbo Levo. I've only managed one fairly tame ride on it so far and it's great. I have to admit that I didn't buy it to throw myself off a mountain.....at least at first. Having said that, I've been a keen Trail rider on motorcycles since the 80s TRF life member. I'm sure I'll have more questions than answers for the community at first. View attachment 21729
I'm four years senior and guarding my knees carefully. I've only just taken up electric MTBs but now have now passionately embraced the sport and trying to persuade a friend (of 63 with a new knee replacement) to take it up. What can I tell him about the therapeutic qualities of e-biking to suplement his painful physio regime?

Cheers,

Oliver

MIckJH56

Nov 11, 2019
UK
Quite a few yes. Lots were closed to motorised vehicles in 2006. So it'll be great to ride them again. And, of course, being on a pushbike, all the Bridleways are available to us.

You speak my language! :)(y)

What a lovely bike. Being in a similar position to you (a Noob, 63 and trying to recover from surgery) I'm curious, which model is it? There seems to be a range of these Specialized Levo things priced between (roughly) just over £2k to beyond £7k. What was it that drew you to this particular model - it's rather bewildering trying to choose the right bike, so any insight you have would be very welcome.

Cheers (y)

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Hi everyone. I'm an old git of 63 with a recent Knee replacement living in St.Leonards on sea. I watched quite a few of Rob's videos before deciding to buy a 2019 Turbo Levo. I've only managed one fairly tame ride on it so far and it's great. I have to admit that I didn't buy it to throw myself off a mountain.....at least at first. Having said that, I've been a keen Trail rider on motorcycles since the 80s TRF life member. I'm sure I'll have more questions than answers for the community at first. View attachment 21729

Bravo (y)

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Blacktiger you seem to have put your postcode in your membership for the forum.
as more and more bikes are being stolen, I would change that to the town you live in, so everybody just knows the area in which you live.

as zimmer says you do have a lovely shine to your bench. ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Blacktiger you seem to have put your postcode in your membership for the forum.
as more and more bikes are being stolen, I would change that to the town you live in, so everybody just knows the area in which you live.

as zimmer says you do have a lovely shine to your bench. ?
Good advice Mark.
New TV show coming soon on Discovery... Mark and Zims world of garden furniture. I’d watch it ??

I'm four years senior and guarding my knees carefully. I've only just taken up electric MTBs but now have now passionately embraced the sport and trying to persuade a friend (of 63 with a new knee replacement) to take it up. What can I tell him about the therapeutic qualities of e-biking to suplement his painful physio regime?

Cheers,

Oliver

Oliver, I was lucky and didn't have a lot of pain after my op apart from when I was forcing the joint to move and bend. You just have to put up with it. I'm now four months afterwards and the new knee is the only part that doesn't hurt. LOL.

You speak my language! :)(y)

What a lovely bike. Being in a similar position to you (a Noob, 63 and trying to recover from surgery) I'm curious, which model is it? There seems to be a range of these Specialized Levo things priced between (roughly) just over £2k to beyond £7k. What was it that drew you to this particular model - it's rather bewildering trying to choose the right bike, so any insight you have would be very welcome.

Cheers (y)

Hi Mick, I watched loads of videos and read loads of reviews before deciding to get the Levo. Specialized is a make that I've heard of and have a good reputation. My one is the basic 2019 FSR. I got it £800 off for £3200 as various places were selling off the 2019 stock. I wanted a full suspension model because without the suspension it would be a bone shaking ride and the new Knee wouldn't like that I don't think. One thing I'd recommend is a seat post dropper because these things are so tall. I went for the KS Suspension LEV 150mm. I hope that helps a bit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles