Not much for online forums

Oldb**tard

Mar 29, 2022
That said, mountainbiking is my passion, I've been at it 30+ years; started when I was 40, so I've been through much of the evolution of the sport. I currently own 2 ebikes; a Trek Rail 5, and a "customized" Luna X1. Updating and upgrading is a theme with me when it comes to my bikes, as I have, like most mtb'ers, personal preferences when it comes to certain componentry. So, initially, my primary purpose here is to feed that beast. To that end, I'll be moving over to the (a) Trek thread concerning Rail mods.
Thanks for 'listening'.
BTW, I'm in The Golden State (CA) where biking is virtually year round.

Oldb**tard

Mar 29, 2022
Not much for online forums..well I for one sure feel honoured by your presence 🙏...😂
( what a strange way to introduce yourself !)
Just had some less than stellar experiences with some other non-bike-related forums in the past; I fully expect this community to be of a higher caliber. Thanks.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I fully expect this community to be of a higher caliber.
Your experience and contributions to this forum is going to be beneficial. There’s lots of good information on here also.
I personally get my expectations from these guys so I’m rarely disappointed;
424F6DB4-7F45-4664-A1B8-4035FEC04FC7.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
My main complaint is when I can’t see because of the rain, snow, mud, fog, branches, sun, shade, tears, sweat, tire spray, and blinding fear. But after the recovery “hour”…I know there’s some fun in there somewhere. 😉

Oldb**tard

Mar 29, 2022
Welcome, y'ol borsted. We need to relish those rare days when it's raining or it's too hot to ride. It's important to have a "rest day" on occasion so your body can recover.
I'm retired, I have all the rest days I need or could want. In So Cal, the rain is rare; and for the hot days, I can ride from the Coast highway (PCH) a short ways inland-very few days in the year I can't ride. It's like biking paradise here.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm retired, I have all the rest days I need or could want. In So Cal, the rain is rare; and for the hot days, I can ride from the Coast highway (PCH) a short ways inland-very few days in the year I can't ride. It's like biking paradise here.
You say that as if riding in anything other than warm weather and sunshine is all you would consider riding in..what we would call a fair weather rider over here..
I actually feel sorry for you that you never experience rain, mud, snow & ice ..which in turn brings its own fun .
I also ride all year around ..as do a lot of riders in the UK in all conditions .. love every minute of it and wouldn't have it any other way ..

Oldb**tard

Mar 29, 2022
You say that as if riding in anything other than warm weather and sunshine is all you would consider riding in..what we would call a fair weather rider over here..
I actually feel sorry for you that you never experience rain, mud, snow & ice ..which in turn brings its own fun .
I also ride all year around ..as do a lot of riders in the UK in all conditions .. love every minute of it and wouldn't have it any other way ..
Don't feel sorry for me, pal, I'm perfectly happy with my situation here. I've ridden in and after rain, hail, thunder and lightning, and snow, and I don't care for any of those, I'm not a fan of the massive clean up afterward, or the damage mud and grit can do to componentry. So, you have fun in your way, I'll relish the beautiful Mediterranean climate I live in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles