North of england tyre question

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all I've decided to hang onto my bike for another year so need some new tyres I'm in the North east of England where its wet alot I'm riding a mixture of off piste and trail center. I'm just wondering what your all running round here I was thinking magic mary/ big Betty but I've also looked at the michelins e wilds or dh22/34 any thoughts welcome 😁

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I live in the North and do a lot of wet muddy winter riding
My Cube came fitted with a magic Mary and a big Betty fitted and I've been really pleased with them, especially the side grip on slippy off camber stuff

Colin1517

Mar 14, 2023
Lancashire
I’m in the North West and my Cube came with assegai up front and a dhr II out back. I’ve run high rollers for years all year round and found them to be spot on, but this combo is far superior. They just stick in all conditions at all angles, they might not be the fastest rolling tyres, but it’s an emtb so I’m not worried about that

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
assegai up front and a dhr II out back.
Same tyres came on my Whyte.
Had no issues with them on wet squelchy mud apart from they link to chuck up huge chunks of it off the tyres as you ride.
Probably not the easiest tyres to get hold of locally though.
seems that way in Newcastle/gateshead anyway, but hardly any choice here for upgrades/tyres... guess everyone is buying online.

hardly any reason for these so called bike shops to exist anymore, Don't stock what people need and people stop visiting they also stop buying bikes locally because the loyalty is gone.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I live in the North and do a lot of wet muddy winter riding
My Cube came fitted with a magic Mary and a big Betty fitted and I've been really pleased with them, especially the side grip on slippy off camber stuff
I've witnessed Richys riding first hand on quite a few of these winter rides and apart from the fact that he is a very accomplished ( fast ) rider ...he does seem to stick like glue in gloopy conditions ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles