No alternative for Giant Reign e+0 headset!

Evelhornet

Feb 13, 2023
Wales
Hi Guys,
Newbie here. I've had my Giant Reign e+0 for almost 12 months now. Love it, but also a few niggles! Currently I'm tearing my hair out looking for a replacement lower headset bearing. It's impossible, no one (apart from Giant) has seen a 62mm bike bearing. Only option is to buy the complete kit - which is currently on back order.
If anyone knows of an alternative, please let me know, I'll be your friend forever 😃
20230212_190021.jpg

swingball

Mar 2, 2023
Uk
Hi Guys,
Newbie here. I've had my Giant Reign e+0 for almost 12 months now. Love it, but also a few niggles! Currently I'm tearing my hair out looking for a replacement lower headset bearing. It's impossible, no one (apart from Giant) has seen a 62mm bike bearing. Only option is to buy the complete kit - which is currently on back order.
If anyone knows of an alternative, please let me know, I'll be your friend forever 😃
View attachment 106663
Hi mate, how did you remove the large bottom bearing? I need to change mine on my reign e+2 . I dropped out the fork and removed the top one fine but the bottom one seems to be fixed in the cup. Did you knock them out from above? Any help would be great👍👍

Evelhornet

Feb 13, 2023
Wales
I had to tap it from above (through the head tube). I used a long length of wooden dowel. The bearing was quite tight and seized in the cup. It's quite hard to get on it because of the lip of the cup. But if you tap all around the bearing, it will eventually shift. I cleaned up the cup afterwards and fitted the new bearing with copperslip on the cup, so it should come out a bit easier next time! 🤞

swingball

Mar 2, 2023
Uk
I had to tap it from above (through the head tube). I used a long length of wooden dowel. The bearing was quite tight and seized in the cup. It's quite hard to get on it because of the lip of the cup. But if you tap all around the bearing, it will eventually shift. I cleaned up the cup afterwards and fitted the new bearing with copperslip on the cup, so it should come out a bit easier next time! 

Thanks buddy👍👍👍🤘

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles