Newbie saying hello!

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Hi all just thought I would drop in and say hello. I am from Dublin and am currently looking at a new emtb

I have raced Motocross for many years and have also been mountain biking with my brother. I currently have a bird Aeris 120 but I am looking to get an emtb as well. This has decided opinions between me and my brother ha but he is wrong ?

I was hoping for some help with choosing my first emtb. The three I am looking at is

1. A new 2017 Focus Jam 2 Ltd from here https://www.jejamescycles.com/focus-jam2-29-ltd-10g-10-e-bike.htm. l would want to upgrade the fork on this though as I am not a fan of the one on it.

2. Canyon Spectral On 6.0
Spectral:ON 6.0 | CANYON (EN)

I would love to have fox suspension again and I do like the idea of trying 12spees gearing. I am not mad about the two different wheel sizes though but maybe I could change one so they are the same

3. Canyon Neuron On 6.0
Neuron:ON 6.0 | CANYON (EN)

I do like the spec on this bike and it has the same wheel sizes

I think by the time I have added a decent fork to the Focus bike I will be up around the same money that the Canyon bikes will be

Anyones experience with these bikes will be great

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What kind of riding are you going to be doing, 3 very different bikes there. I.E general trail riding, or bike parks and jumps, or downhill/enduro style?

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
What kind of riding are you going to be doing, 3 very different bikes there. I.E general trail riding, or bike parks and jumps, or downhill/enduro style?

It will be some trail riding. Bike parks and some enduro too. The odd road ride too to get from home to the mountain etc

At the moment I am thinking the Canyon Spectral On 6.0.

I would love a specialized Levo too but they are quite a bit more expensive. That might have to wait till a later date

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Two other bikes worth considering with Shimano motors that offer cracking bang for your buck would be:

Viuts E-Sommett - This is enduro focused bike, probably best value EMTB out there:

Vitus E-Sommet VR - EMTB Forums

Vitus

Commencal Meta Power series, these come in 27.5 and 29'r variants:

Commencal Meta Power Race Fox! - EMTB Forums

E-BIKE - Shop

If you do not have the ability to charge the bike where you store it, you will want an easily removable battery - bear in mind that the Focus bike require removing the motor to take out the battery, as the battery is only designed to be removed for maintenance.

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Two other bikes worth considering with Shimano motors that offer cracking bang for your buck would be:

Viuts E-Sommett - This is enduro focused bike, probably best value EMTB out there:

Vitus E-Sommet VR - EMTB Forums

Vitus

Commencal Meta Power series, these come in 27.5 and 29'r variants:

Commencal Meta Power Race Fox! - EMTB Forums

E-BIKE - Shop

If you do not have the ability to charge the bike where you store it, you will want an easily removable battery - bear in mind that the Focus bike require removing the motor to take out the battery, as the battery is only designed to be removed for maintenance.

The Commencal Meta Power Race Fox is one cool looking bike!! Shame it's out of my price range.

That's good to know about the Focus I didn't know you had to remove the motor to take out the battery. I'll be storing the bike in the house so I can charge it no problem. I am 99% sure that I'll be getting the Canyon Spectral On unless I can find any info that they have a lot of flaws.

I checked with them today and they said 5-10 days for shipping

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
OK so decision has been made :)

I got a really really good deal on one of these Focus Jam2 Plus Ltd 27.5.

12.jpg

I was also able to upgrade the fork to a Rockshox Yari and get some DMR v12's and Ergon Grips all for a good bit less than the Canyon.

I know the battery life isnt as long as the Canyon but i will still be able to get the Tec pack which will help on the longer spins.

What really put me off the Canyon was I was really concerned about the Canyon delivery and servicing and having to deal with them if there was any issues.

I really love the look of this bike and cant wait to get out for my first spin!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles