Newbie here from the east midlands

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Hi all, nearing middle aged scottish guy living in the east midlands who has finally found himself at these forums after doing a lot of research and watching videos trying to decide what bike to get. A year ago i picked up a used giant anthem which took me from tentatively doing the kitchener trail at sherwood pines up to completing some red routes at bike park wales this weekend past.

Alas the time has come to be the focus of the mix of jealousy/hate for the group that i regularly ride with by going the eMTB path. I don't need to justify it to myself but i do need to alter where and when i cycle to not take things too easy. My time on the bike is my primary form of out of work exercise so i need to make sure i still get a work out without leaving my friends behind. :)

So the short version is i looked at one of my local bike shops and with a rough budget of £5000-6000 i landed on the 2021 whyte e-160 rs as it should capably handle what i realistically do rather than my heart telling me i should get a kenevo.

Hopefully my time on here will help me pick up some useful information and maybe sway a few more in this direction. :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Welcome to the Forum @Rahr85 That is a hell of a bike you have bought yourself there!

You many not be aware but there is a lot of off-piste stuff to ride at Sherwood Pines with some properly daunting features here and there. There have been two Rideouts at Pines and one more recently that included bits accessible from nearby Vicar Water. There will be another soon, when I can get together with the Vicar Water expert to agree a date.

Pictures start on page 2.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
I am not aware of any of the off piste offerings that sherwood pines has. I have probably accidently run through some of it trying to find my way through vicar water to the bottom of the downhill section. Normally i just park in the main car park with a season pass.

I would like to be making a lot more use of the peak district with ladybower being a prime candidate for making the most of the bike when it finally arrives.

My usual bunch of friends tend to try and get somewhere different once a month but most common of these is cannock chase and i'm looking forward to not having to suffer too much on the uphill sections.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles