New to the Forum, Spectral ON arriving this week.

Cubie

Feb 19, 2020
Fife, Scotland
After a horrendous experience with a Giant Trance E+1 Pro I’ve decided to give Canyon a shot and my new Spectral 6 is arriving on Thursday. Hopefully this one doesnt require the threat of legal action to get my money back.

I’m planning on doing my own build with it so there will be lots of brand new/unised oarts for sale in the next week or so. Wheels are already sat waiting so anyone looking for a 2nd set of wheels feel free to give me a shout before I advertise. Discs will also be for sale straight away.

I built my last 2 bikes from scratch so hoping this will be the best way to go to get the bike to the spec I want but cant buy. Annoying that you cant buy a frameset from Canyon or many others. Will get a build thread started once the bike arrives on Thursday.

Cubie

Feb 19, 2020
Fife, Scotland
congratulations.
I would like to hear about giant trance experience if you don't mind.
A mixture of a poorly designed bike and a completely incompetent dealer. All 4 motor bolts were loose after 20 miles, freehub body wasnt running true and a list of more minor issues. Was a brilliant bike when it was working but the motor was continuously creaking and not right, I suspect the frame was out of spec. If the dealer had any idea or willingness to fix it it would have been a brilliant buy but ended in me rejecting it as not fit for purpose.

2Old2SendIt

Feb 13, 2020
Germany
... If the dealer had any idea or willingness to fix it it would have been a brilliant buy but ended in me rejecting it as not fit for purpose.

This is why I have no problems buying from DTC brands. Finding a dealer that actually cares and adds value is quite rare. Excluding wheel straightening, nothing on a bike is particularly difficult and caring about the result (while being able to use the internet) is worth a lot more than 'experience' or 'expertise' most of the time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles