Levo Gen 2 New tires and crank - Finally I can truly enjoy my 2018 Levo

kramerica

Aug 18, 2018
IL
I don't really know why I've waited so long to replace them. I didn't like the Butcher Grid from the beginning. For some reason I kept blaming myself, the PSI, my technique, the routes. Finally, I went for my all time favourite pair: DHF and DHR. Wow. It turns out I didn't forget how to ride. Cornering, braking, grip. It just works. Sure, the DHR on the back has some rolling resistance. Adding 2-3% to the support level fixed that, that's what the motor is there for.

I don't really know why I've waited so long to replace them. I kept hitting rocks and ground way too many times. I couldn't clear technical climbs.
Finally, I've ordered the Minerva 150mm Kappa 0 cranks. Wow. Such a cheap upgrade that makes such a big difference. I can clear climbs, no fright of falling off due to rock strikes. Sure, you have to ride with a bit higher cadence. it's negligible on an e-bike.

The result: First ride with the upgrades - PRs on all technical sections - climbs and descents, and much more important - a huge smile all the way.

I almost want to kick myself for not doing it sooner.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles