New Santa Cruz model

The undecided

Aug 20, 2024
Scotland
I don’t know if this is “breaking news”
but I just heard Santa Cruz are bringing out a completely new model for ‘25 using the Bosch CX Gen5 motor and the frame will be a four bar linkage NOT VPP.
I’m not at liberty to disclose where I heard this but it’ll be coming soon.
Apologies if this is old news to others.

The undecided

Aug 20, 2024
Scotland
It’s meant to be more Enduro/trail weighing in around 22/23kg and obv a ff system. The name of the model is completely new -Valia?? Sorry I didn’t quite pick up the name from my source as he had to take a phone call but that name is pretty close.
Definitely not a rehash of Blur,Bronson,Heckler etc.
Expected in the UK next month apparently….
Prev sales of their e-bikes haven’t been too good due to not everyone wanting a Shimano or Fazua motor which is why there’s a lot of big discounts just now not only because it’s new model year again.
Think why others have moved to Bosch too despite them previously stating Shimano fitted their core strategy etc.
How many potential sales are being lost solely because of unreliability issues with existing users?
Riders can’t all be wrong surely?
This personally ruled out a LOT of potential bikes for me.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
It’s meant to be more Enduro/trail weighing in around 22/23kg and obv a ff system. The name of the model is completely new -Valia?? Sorry I didn’t quite pick up the name from my source as he had to take a phone call but that name is pretty close.
Definitely not a rehash of Blur,Bronson,Heckler etc.
Expected in the UK next month apparently….
Prev sales of their e-bikes haven’t been too good due to not everyone wanting a Shimano or Fazua motor which is why there’s a lot of big discounts just now not only because it’s new model year again.
Think why others have moved to Bosch too despite them previously stating Shimano fitted their core strategy etc.
How many potential sales are being lost solely because of unreliability issues with existing users?
Riders can’t all be wrong surely?
This personally ruled out a LOT of potential bikes for me.
I heard something similar a while back but the SRAM motor was mentioned and the name was from an old old model. Exciting! Might get me back on a Santa Cruz.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
It will be a 150/160 bike
4 bar layout ala Transition Repeater (official reason is for bigger seat post insertion depth)
Bosch gen 5 with 600w only (no 800w option, only 250w range extender)
Will be interesting how the fan boys will react to SC dropping VPP on this one...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles