New rider from Sorunda, Sweden.

PaleSkinnySwede

Apr 9, 2021
Sorunda, Sweden
Hey all!

New eMTB rider here. Actually, I haven't got the bike just yet. I've placed an order and I'm now waiting for the shop to get it and put all my extras on it (read more below).

I got a deal through my company and went on an eMTB hunt. First I read up on the Specialized Turbo Levo SL Comp but eventually went with the Scott Strike eRIDE 930. Not sure if I'll regret it but this is my first eMTB so I guess pretty much any bike in that price range will do me good.

It's been about 20 years since I was more or less actively riding an MTB in a forest so it'll be fun to finally be back. My wife is supportively reminding me that I'm also 20 years older now ??‍♂️.

Sorunda is a the countryside about 50 km south of Stockholm, Sweden, so I've got plenty of nature to explore on two wheels.

Sweden also have a lot of rules and laws when it comes to bikes and terrain. The bike shouldn't have an engine stronger that 250W and the engine can only aid me when I'm actively pedaling. Otherwise it's classified as a motor vehicle and I wouldn't be allowed to ride it in a forest, not even on the paths.

To be allowed to ride a bicycle on the road in Sweden it needs to be fitted with lights (yeah, I know), reflexes (white in the front, red in the back and orange in the wheels) as well as a little bell. Ring ring!
So I'm waiting for the shop to actually fit all that as well as the Shimano PD-EH500 pedals to go with my SPD shoes.

Besides that I'm a professional cyber security advocate, threat hunter, incident responder and public speaker. And when I'm not riding a bike I'm a music and podcast producer.

Enough about me. I hope to make some new friends, near and far, here. This seems like a very friendly forum!

Last edited:

PaleSkinnySwede

Apr 9, 2021
Sorunda, Sweden
Got my bike today and took it for a quick spin. Holy moley! This is going to be so much fun when I hit the paths in a forest nearby.

Also loving the grip on the PD-EH500 pedals when using normal shoes.

I’m like a kid on Xmas Eve

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles