New Pivot E-bike Spotted

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
New motor... auto shift... abs... very interesting.
You guys need to buy them and provide feedback.
I won't be looking to replace my 2024 for at least another year.

TheMirrorVision

Sep 29, 2024
USA
Isn't that just a AM Shuttle? It's running a 36 fork.
It could be the same or just a slight update for the new motor. It’s also in Bosch’s video from 6 days ago:
IMG_4582.png

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Anyone got the part number for that conversion plate? 😂

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
There is no way Pivot could ask around 10k for an ebike with what looks like a DIY mounting plate right?

Clearly a prototype.

According to the rumours, expect a new LT that replaces shimano with Bosch gen 5.

Not heard anything on the AM, maybe a light revision with the new motor? Will be hard for them to sell the AM with the gen4, but it’s still a fairly new bike.

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
Clearly a prototype.

According to the rumours, expect a new LT that replaces shimano with Bosch gen 5.

Not heard anything on the AM, maybe a light revision with the new motor? Will be hard for them to sell the AM with the gen4, but it’s still a fairly new bike.
Dealers already have them in their system. LT with Bosch.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I was just thinking about Marin bikes, they just released a new alpine trail e bike with a Bosch motor this year, now they are going to have to retool for the new motor. I have to wonder if all the manufacturers got the memo that there would be a new motor.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I was just thinking about Marin bikes, they just released a new alpine trail e bike with a Bosch motor this year, now they are going to have to retool for the new motor. I have to wonder if all the manufacturers got the memo that there would be a new motor.

Maybe they got a really good deal on a batch of the old motors?

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
As far as I am aware, they’ve all known about the new motor for months...

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
My mate told me months ago that new shuttle LT would be on a Bosch motor but didn’t go in to much more detail than that. I was wondering if it was going to be a complete new design or if they were just slapping the Gen 5 motor in the current frame, judging by the shuttle AM in that video it won’t be a redesign. I borrowed a Shuttle LT for a weekend demo last year, had all kinds of issues with the rear tire rubbing the seat post battery on hard compressions. I think it’s only an issue on the small frames but unfortunately I ride a small in everything Pivot offers, they’re huge!

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
There was a time that the bike / brand was the determining factor when purchasing a new bike,now it seems that all that matters is the motor, makes me wonder if we will ever see the time when we purchase the bike with a choice of preferred motor as motor choice is becoming as divisive than choosing between Fox / Rockshox, Sram / Shimano, personally I think that unless you are a proficient rider then the power of some motors will be a hindrance to many riders as speed is one thing, skill and proficiency is quite another.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
There was a time that the bike / brand was the determining factor when purchasing a new bike,now it seems that all that matters is the motor, makes me wonder if we will ever see the time when we purchase the bike with a choice of preferred motor as motor choice is becoming as divisive than choosing between Fox / Rockshox, Sram / Shimano, personally I think that unless you are a proficient rider then the power of some motors will be a hindrance to many riders as speed is one thing, skill and proficiency is quite another.

I wouldn’t say it’s all that matters, but motor choice is definitely something to factor in. It’s part of the overall build, like forks, shock, brake and groupset, but there’s still a lot more to a bike than the motor.

For example a e150 and a shuttle am have the same motor. One rides like dogshit, one is great.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles