Kenevo Gen1 New owner ‘19 kenevo expert. Need advice

bhudzallmighty

Jan 20, 2021
Socal
Just picked up a 2019 Kenevo Expert. Other than mileage of 1600 miles and few rock chips, seems pretty well maintained. Motor runs strong, pulls 19A. Have a couple questions though.

Firmware
Motor 5.0.4
Battery A16.x.x

1.) Battery life says 90%. This bike had trail watts most of its life and battery reads 58 charge cycles only despite having 1600 miles. Is it possible to bring it back to 100 by either draining it to 5% then fully charging it or updating yhe firmware?

2.)I’m unable to set separate peak power for each mode (eco/trail/boost). Will updating battery firmware help? I’m scared I will gimp my bike power wise.

3.) Blevo still advisable? Or latest firmware/app lets you do the same?
I’m the second owner and im not sure specialized dealer will help with updates?

Other tips/advise are welcomed

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Just picked up a 2019 Kenevo Expert. Other than mileage of 1600 miles and few rock chips, seems pretty well maintained. Motor runs strong, pulls 19A. Have a couple questions though.

Firmware
Motor 5.0.4
Battery A16.x.x

1.) Battery life says 90%. This bike had trail watts most of its life and battery reads 58 charge cycles only despite having 1600 miles. Is it possible to bring it back to 100 by either draining it to 5% then fully charging it or updating yhe firmware?

2.)I’m unable to set separate peak power for each mode (eco/trail/boost). Will updating battery firmware help? I’m scared I will gimp my bike power wise.

3.) Blevo still advisable? Or latest firmware/app lets you do the same?
I’m the second owner and im not sure specialized dealer will help with updates?

Other tips/advise are welcomed
Hi there, you just need a firmware update.
If the firmware update doesn't work, it stands to reason that the battery has been modified using the Blevo app. In which you'll have to buy/download Blevo and reset it so that you can adjust the parameters.
Try going to a local dealer first (don't tell them that it may have been messed around using Blevo, a friend of mine made that mistake which cost him his warranty at my local bike shop).
If neither the firmware update or Blevo resolves this, then option 3 is unfortunately, a new battery. They are available but I imagine you wont be in too much of a hurry to spend £800. Check the status of the battery just in case.
From one Kenevo owner to another, let me know if you struggle and ride safe ?

20201220_145045.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles