New Ebike Purchase advice

Dan1942

Jun 27, 2024
USA
Looking for some advice on a new bike. I currently ride an Ibis Ripley AF.
I am looking at new 2022 Levo Comp Carbon that's in my LBS for $6600 USD
and the other bike is an Ari Timp Peak Comp $6000 USD this bike has much better specs (DVO Suspension etc). My only concern with this bike is that it uses a shimano EP801 motor and I see people have issues getting warranty work done and after warranty, shimano does not let you get the motor repaired.
The Levo I am paying more for less specs but specialized seems to be better with warranty work and you can get it repaired by 3rd party after warranty.
Not really sure what to do. it seems that all ebike motors have issues. just want to be able to fix it easily.
Thanks in advance for any help I greatly appreciate it!!

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Your last statement says it all "all ebike motors have issues" Ive owned the levo for about 3 years now and its an amazing bike, you can always upgrade it later. Specialized have been great with warranty though mine is still on the same motor it came with.

Dan1942

Jun 27, 2024
USA
Thanks for your reply! You are correct and I need to think of it as I am paying more for less specs for the warranty and the option to repair after the warranty. plus being able to just drop it off at my LBS to get it repaired is nice compared to dealing with direct online bike manufacturers.
I will probably just slowly upgrade as time goes on and parts wear out.

Dan1942

Jun 27, 2024
USA
i have not gotten a chance to ride any of them. I will be able to take the specialized around the shop but thats about it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles