New Canyon Spectral:ON CF8 owner

Bowsers

Aug 13, 2024
UK
Morning all,

Just dropping by to say high 👋

I have a fairly long bike history from racing a bit of DH as a kid on my Santa Cruz Heckler (how that bikes seen some change since the late 90’s!), to more recently road and crit racing as a Cat2 rider.

But this is my first foray into eMTB, and I’m excited!

As an out-and-out roadie for the last 6-7 years the thought of putting a motor on a push bike felt like sacrilege, but a friend of mine finally convinced me to give it a go. “It’s an entirely different discipline, but you’ll never go back once you’ve tried it…” he says!

Yesterday my Spectral:ON arrived and now it’s time to give it a ride 😁

Looking forward to learning lots and hopefully being able to contribute.

Thanks,
Bowsers 🐢

Uncomfortably_Numb

Aug 9, 2024
Blackpool
I've just received my Spectral:On CF8 also but am having second thoughts, especially after contacting support who were quite unhelpful and dismissive.
I won't go into detail but one of the biggest issues is that you cannot buy a spare or replacement battery for these and I quote : " Regrettably we no longer sell batteries for the Spectral:ON and they are not available to purchase from us." I am waiting for a reply to my questions regarding this I.e What happens if the battery fails under warranty? Where can I buy a spare? What would I do if the battery failed outside the warranty period (which is quite short)?

The lack of battery support concerns me, out of all of the components, besides the motor, this is one that is most likely to fail or simply detiorate over time. If I can't buy a replacement then the bike would be worthless without one...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles