New Bosc Gen 5 rumours

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Thy can still change the battery, it is just a longer process, that said a battery easily lasts 5 years (mine was abused over 10000km and still had over 80% health) so at that stage it's not guaranteed the brand will have spares to fit.

I know a guy who was testing the 800Wh Bosch battery on the Lapierre GLP3 (announced 6 months ago, it's an external battery), he was getting bonkers range out of it. As he is a pro athlete it's hard to judge how his range would translate to normal riders, but it seemed like a good chunk more than the standard 720wh.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
In other words. No.
I’m not quite sure I follow your logic. Suspension platform between those two bikes is not going to make one more efficient with range over the other. If anything the Wild should be more efficient yet the Voima gets more range.

So what’s the issue you have with my answer.

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Alright guys, what would you do in my position? Would you cancel the current order and wait for the new bike? Is it worth the wait?
Depends on the money you are going to spend.
For 10k I would wait, you need also to figure out if you need to buy a bike right now close to end of season.

You can always wait for better but here it might be pretty close.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Alright guys, what would you do in my position? Would you cancel the current order and wait for the new bike? Is it worth the wait?

Need to wait until monday to have the full picture:

1) Is the new bike much better?
2) Price differences
3) Time to release

That being said, it will be a shame to be receiving the older generation after the new is released unless you got 30-40% off in a sale.

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
No discount. As I said, I ordered the bike a good 4 months ago. Today they told me that the bike will be made by next week. I wouldn't want to cancel the current order and then end up waiting months again for a new one... 🙄

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
Imho,buying a bike at full retail when it's being replaced in the same time is a big mistake.
I believe the current model will be heavily discounted from next week.
Maybe that applies to bikes in stock. I'm not sure if it applies to the MyO program. We'll see next week, otherwise, I'll cancel the order and wait for the new model...

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Maybe that applies to bikes in stock. I'm not sure if it applies to the MyO program. We'll see next week, otherwise, I'll cancel the order and wait for the new model...
You could be in the first batch with the Gen 5 if there are no other changes to the wild but Orbea can’t update you until the 30th due to bosch NDA

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
You could be in the first batch with the Gen 5 if there are no other changes to the wild but Orbea can’t update you until the 30th due to bosch NDA

I saw the new model with my own eyes just yesterday for a brief moment, and I couldn't see any big changes. But I might be wrong and have poor eyesight, so who knows 😂 😂

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
The frame is roughly the same other than the new motor mounts.
There are talks about more travel at 170 f&r and mullet compatibility but not confirmed yet.

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
The frame is roughly the same other than the new motor mounts.
There are talks about more travel at 170 f&r and mullet compatibility but not confirmed yet.
Yeah, they told me that as well. But in their MyO program, there was no mullet option at that time. And as you said, the frame looked roughly the same...

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Yeah, they told me that as well. But in their MyO program, there was no mullet option at that time. And as you said, the frame looked roughly the same...
If I remember the early reviews, they said you could run mullet, but it’s not recommended. I could a lot of people are asking for the option to go mullet so chuck it in as an option with new motor.

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
If I remember the early reviews, they said you could run mullet, but it’s not recommended. I could a lot of people are asking for the option to go mullet so chuck it in as an option with new motor.
You can always mullet a bike but the design of the Orbea Wild might not does not support it.

If there are no flip chip you just hurt the geometry and lower too muchyour BB.

I have on my current bike a flip chip and unfortunately even if it mitigate the BB drop, it does not void it, the BB is still lower and I had tons of pedal strike.

You could mitigate this by placing very small crankarm, but the major point is you loose some power and would need to recalibrate the motor.

This is the part where you might void the warranty.

But I would still want to do it too.

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
461318923_10160136587397307_8750699292788343370_n.jpg
461401569_10160136587607307_5780390420349380223_n.jpg
461496322_10160136598397307_7769603050113214229_n.jpg

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
That seems odd especially for rear travel.

Will buy one right away if I can see it as a mullet!

It's definitely available as a mullet, I believe they will all ship as a full 29er, but there's a link that allows you to run it as a mullet and maintain the geo.

Why do you feel that odd for rear travel?

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
@jbrown15 because if I am not mistaken it was in the past 160, so if they go with a chip and bigger rear travel they might have either change somehow the linkage (with chip) or a bit the frame - unlikely as way more expensive but it would be his third season.

Then I wonder about the number you talk about, if they are now 170/170, does that mean that it would be possible to do 170/180 - through configurator too? This would becomes a freeride and nearly my dream bike.

Or still fork is in 160 or 170. I am not sure but 170 rear travel would merit definitely a 180 lol

I would have prefer a direct MX sell but let's see.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles