New bike delivered with broken display and controller. Is it easy to replace?

ervian

Nov 10, 2019
Norway
Hi all,

Just got my new bike this Friday. I left work early to pick it up at the freight terminal. Well, I did't even get out of the parking lot before excitement turned to grief: bike has been proper knocked during shipping and both display and controller shows visible signs of this:
image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

The retailer is sending out replacement parts next week. Is this manageable to change myself or should I take it to my LBS and have an experienced mechanic take care of it? Retailer told me they would cover any workshop fees if I decided to have someone else do it.

And before anyone tells me about the risks of online bike shopping, I'm already well aware (this is not the first time I have things damaged during shipping). :)

Chester

Apr 20, 2018
London
Hi all,

Just got my new bike this Friday. I left work early to pick it up at the freight terminal. Well, I did't even get out of the parking lot before excitement turned to grief: bike has been proper knocked during shipping and both display and controller shows visible signs of this:
View attachment 21526
View attachment 21525

The retailer is sending out replacement parts next week. Is this manageable to change myself or should I take it to my LBS and have an experienced mechanic take care of it? Retailer told me they would cover any workshop fees if I decided to have someone else do it.

And before anyone tells me about the risks of online bike shopping, I'm already well aware (this is not the first time I have things damaged during shipping). :)

Chester

Apr 20, 2018
London
Its a doddle to change those parts yourself unplug the old and plug in the new. I have replace a display and mode selector and its a 5 minute job.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I would take to your LBS and get them to check the rest of the bike over while they are at it. Bought 3 bikes on line now 1 from Germany and 2 from UK zero issues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles