new bike day, foiled by DHL

rabidMunkee

Aug 22, 2024
Forest of Dean, UK
well,
There I was, all excited for today, ITS NEW BIKE DAY !!!!
I Checked the tracking when I got up and there was no update on a time window, so I wait.
Cant do any work yet, too excited.
... time passes by ...

So, I re-checked the tracking a just now, and saw a new message, the most heinous phrase that cut deep into my soul

"We're sorry but the delivery of your shipment has been delayed. We expect to deliver on the next working day"

what the F$%K !!!

Oh well, I tried.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
See you on Sat at FoD for a first test ride... i'll be on a purple Rise in the afternoon, riding Sheepskull and a few others as my lad is racing there this weekend.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Could be worse. When I bought my Patrol, Parcel Farce shipped it to the wrong depot, lost it for 4 days and when they finally got around to delivering it, there was a forklift hole in the front of the box and paint chipped off the forks and frame from the forklift

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
This was mine when it turned up. Surprisingly the bike was fine apart from a scuffed stem top cap..
I miss CRC…

IMG_0124.jpeg

The undecided

Aug 20, 2024
Scotland
Hi,I share your disappointment
My eagerly awaited Whyte E160s failed to get delivered at my house-no email/whatever to say it was on its way hence I wasn’t in.
I ended up having to pick it up from the DPD warehouse.
The bike box JUST fitted in my Q3 but I almost had to saw my arms and legs off to drive home.
As for the bike it was still perfectly intact fortunately thanks to Winstanley’s excellent packaging.
Unfortunately I found the bike was much heavier than I expected-never even used it and returned it in person a week later for a refund.
Possibly THE biggest mistake of my life returning it.
I then bought an Orange Phase EVO LE which was £2k more than the Whyte,
is less powerful and tbh doesn’t feel much lighter.If it felt like the one I’d demo’ed in May I would be happy.
Fools and their money soon parted…

kevtp19

Jan 8, 2023
Plymouth
I had a nightmare with DHL, lost my bike, Tredz had to send another one. Found the lost one again... then they both arrived and I had two. Then DHL lied 5 days straight that I hadn't been in when they came to collect the lost (and damaged by forklift) one. Tredz rang me to check I would be in! I was wfh at the time so had been in all week. Honestly DHL... can't think of a worse company. I suggested to tredz to use another delivery company.

20230130_154434.jpg 20230130_145916.jpg

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
the most heinous phrase that cut deep into my soul
Actually the most heinous message you can get from a delivery company is "Your parcel has been delivered" when theres fuck all sitting on the door mat.

i'd just such a message over a set of factory 36's
Thankfully the neighbour noticed the package just sitting there and took it in for safekeeping. But if they hadn't and your parcel gets nicked, getting a replacement is hard thing, especially trying to prove you dont actually have it when they have a pic of the parcel sitting at your front door.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles