Nerra eMTB drive systems

nerra

Jul 27, 2020
Whangarei, New Zealand
Nerra is a New Zealand based start-up developing a regenerative mid-drive e-bike system that mitigates the need for a bicycle cassette and derailleur. We're launching a survey to better understand the preferences of mountain bikers. We need your help... by completing our survey, you will help us to refine the final stages of our R&D and feature set. This survey focuses on some concepts related to our eMTB drive system; it will take around ten minutes to complete.

To take our survey, click this link: e-Mountain Bike Drive Consumer Survey

For more information, refer: Home

Thanks in advance, we really appreciate your feedback!

#ebikedrivesystems #eMTB #innovation #sustainability #emobility #NewZealand #integratedgears #KERS #regenerative #micromobility #nerra
Drivetrain - LinkedIn.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
HI @nerra - sounds very interesting, lots of people I'm sure will be intrigued into a product like this.

I'll submit the survey now, hopefully others here will also send you some feedback :)

Rob.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I agree, great survey and with a glimpse of the new technology to come.
I wish you all the very best in your endeavours.

Waimarie Pai

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Nerra is a New Zealand based start-up developing a regenerative mid-drive e-bike system that mitigates the need for a bicycle cassette and derailleur. We're launching a survey to better understand the preferences of mountain bikers. We need your help... by completing our survey, you will help us to refine the final stages of our R&D and feature set. This survey focuses on some concepts related to our eMTB drive system; it will take around ten minutes to complete.

To take our survey, click this link: e-Mountain Bike Drive Consumer Survey

For more information, refer: Home

Thanks in advance, we really appreciate your feedback!

#ebikedrivesystems #eMTB #innovation #sustainability #emobility #NewZealand #integratedgears #KERS #regenerative #micromobility #nerra
View attachment 36713
Bruce
This looks very intriguing & could be a game changer, as well as a gear changer? All the best with the concept & its development. Looking forward to hearing more. I have completed the online survey

Rob.

nerra

Jul 27, 2020
Whangarei, New Zealand
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the feedback. I hope you're right... I've been working on this start-up since late 2015. It's required a lot of sacrifice and compromises! But It's pretty exciting to be receiving such positive feedback from you and others. Feels like we're on the right track (excuse the pun)! Thank you for completing the survey too.

Cheers,
Bruce

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the feedback. I hope you're right... I've been working on this start-up since late 2015. It's required a lot of sacrifice and compromises! But It's pretty exciting to be receiving such positive feedback from you and others. Feels like we're on the right track (excuse the pun)! Thank you for completing the survey too.

Cheers,
Bruce
Any drivetrain that has moved into the 21st century and given the derailleur the boot has my attention.

It looks & sounds incredible although detail is very scant. Are you able to provide more details here so I can then proceed to your survey with a greater understanding?

nerra

Jul 27, 2020
Whangarei, New Zealand
Any drivetrain that has moved into the 21st century and given the derailleur the boot has my attention.

It looks & sounds incredible although detail is very scant. Are you able to provide more details here so I can then proceed to your survey with a greater understanding?
Hi Wepn,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, we have to be careful about the level of detail we share. Obviously there are IP considerations, we don't want to give the show away to competitors, we also need to try to write the survey in such a way that our questions are not leading, whilst still giving enough information that respondents understand what we're talking about. Juggling all of these different demands is not easy. I hope this explains why we can't really share any more information at the present time than we already have.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
They who you call competitors are more likely customers. A description of your CVT regen drive is in fact an opportunity to generate a huge amount of interest - without revealing your secrets. I can't see how a description could possibly reveal that which you do not want to reveal and give competitors a clue as to how to replicate it.

nerra

Jul 27, 2020
Whangarei, New Zealand
They who you call competitors are more likely customers. A description of your CVT regen drive is in fact an opportunity to generate a huge amount of interest - without revealing your secrets. I can't see how a description could possibly reveal that which you do not want to reveal and give competitors a clue as to how to replicate it.
Customers are bicycle OEM's, whereas the likes of Bosch, Yamaha, Shimano etc are competitors and I imagine they monitor large groups such as EMTB Forums. I don't really know what you want by way of a description, however, all we're trying to do here is validate our concept; a description is not necessary for that. I don't wish to get in an argument with you, so I'll just say that I'm not going to state any more than I already have with respect to a description. I trust you can respect that.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Customers are bicycle OEM's, whereas the likes of Bosch, Yamaha, Shimano etc are competitors and I imagine they monitor large groups such as EMTB Forums. I don't really know what you want by way of a description, however, all we're trying to do here is validate our concept; a description is not necessary for that. I don't wish to get in an argument with you, so I'll just say that I'm not going to state any more than I already have with respect to a description. I trust you can respect that.
No argument whatsoever, respect always. I look forward to hearing more & wish you the best with your work on it.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I did the survey. I must say it was very interesting, and you have some great concepts and possibilities there if everything works out for you guys. Not sure about the AI as the rides I do vary so much. Sometimes I am conceving battery as much as I can, and others I am out for a blast.
Good luck with everything, I am looking forward to hearing news on how things are going.

nerra

Jul 27, 2020
Whangarei, New Zealand
I did the survey. I must say it was very interesting, and you have some great concepts and possibilities there if everything works out for you guys. Not sure about the AI as the rides I do vary so much. Sometimes I am conceving battery as much as I can, and others I am out for a blast.
Good luck with everything, I am looking forward to hearing news on how things are going.
Thank you for doing the survey and your feedback. Much appreciated!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles