My Rail 7 got a nose job.....

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Decided to try something a bit different. I swapped the Trust Shout linkage fork from my Evil Wreckoning V3 to my Rail 7 and I think its a perfect fit. With my avg. climbing speed 2-4mph faster on the Rail, the Trust fork seems to work a bit better, plus cornering seems to be greatly improved. I also think that the Shout doesn't quite perform as well on slacker bikes like the Evil. After the swap, both bikes seemingly perform better than they did before...but that's just the impression after about 2 rides on each bike. The Shout on my Orbea Rallon was a perfect fit.
IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
How do they cope with tight corners? I know it's a big optical illusion but the the head angle looks very slack in comparison with the fox

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
How do they cope with tight corners? I know it's a big optical illusion but the the head angle looks very slack in comparison with the fox
It actually feels steeper, and corners better actually. It's definitely an optical illusion as the axle sits a lot further back than the stanchions. I rode a trail the other day that had a ton of switchbacks and bermed corners that I was able to ride through at a faster speed than ever before....

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Are you turning with your handlebars and not leaning the bike style turning. I can for sure turn quicker on berms with a 160 fork on my evil over the 200mm that has the same A2C as a 190 single Crown. 3cm raise to the front def takes away some quickness but high and slack leaning at high speed feel better especially in the gnar.
I def try to lean as much as possible, but Trust feels like its easier for me to lean if that makes sense. A2C slightly lower on the Trust than the 38 but only a few mm.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Do you know if that fork company is gonna open back up? There were some good reviews on them and seeing how everyone is building bikes with the high pivot that trust fork should be inline with that concept. It’s always good to challenge the standard.
I spoke to someone at Trust a while ago, he said that they might once supply chain, etc normalize post pandemic. Dave Weagle is a magician with suspension design. I think that with each generation they'd get better and better.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Do you know if that fork company is gonna open back up? There were some good reviews on them and seeing how everyone is building bikes with the high pivot that trust fork should be inline with that concept. It’s always good to challenge the standard.
It looks like Specialized bought the intellectual property rights to trusts linkage design. So if it reappears it will be under the spesh banner.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I must say after 100 miles on the nose job.....The Trust Shout suits the Rail perfectly. It comes alive at speed so technical climbing (at the increased speeds of eMTB) becomes a clinic in traction and rollover, and descending of course is just as amazing. It makes cornering feel intuitive... which is not my strong suit. It does have it's flaws....a bit harsh on huck to flattish landings and It's not as plush through high speed chatter, but beyond that i'd say it's near flawless for how I ride.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles